Question Pixel Density or Freesync problem?

Dec 6, 2019
Hi guys, I have an AW2518HF 24.5' monitor with a 1070 GTX VGA. I had an HP monitor with IPS panel before (HP Pavilion 24cw 23.8' and 102 pixel density).
The new AW2518HF looks fuzzy and less detailed than the old HP monitor. Does it look like this because the pixel density of AW2518HF is only 89, or is it because the monitor is freesync compatible and not G-sync?

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
Hi guys, I have an AW2518HF 24.5' monitor with a 1070 GTX VGA. I had an HP monitor with IPS panel before (HP Pavilion 24cw 23.8' and 102 pixel density).
The new AW2518HF looks fuzzy and less detailed than the old HP monitor. Does it look like this because the pixel density of AW2518HF is only 89, or is it because the monitor is freesync compatible and not G-sync?
I just got a new monitor as well and I'm having similar issues. Mine is a 27" MSI but I was able to take care of the blur by tweaking the settings quite a bit. I'm still not happy with how it looks though and I'm trying to figure it out. Maybe try using a different connection like HDMI or DP and adjust the frame rate

Reactions: slawter
Dec 6, 2019
I just got a new monitor as well and I'm having similar issues. Mine is a 27" MSI but I was able to take care of the blur by tweaking the settings quite a bit. I'm still not happy with how it looks though and I'm trying to figure it out. Maybe try using a different connection like HDMI or DP and adjust the frame rate
Hi, I tried everything that I saw on hte itnernet. I changed my HDMI cable to Display cable, I did a lot's of changes, but nothing. Looks like it is really the pixel density (your monitor is even worse in pixel density then mine :/)
I think that I'll give it back and I order a new one with ips panel and I say adios to freesync/g-sync.

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
Hi, I tried everything that I saw on hte itnernet. I changed my HDMI cable to Display cable, I did a lot's of changes, but nothing. Looks like it is really the pixel density (your monitor is even worse in pixel density then mine :/)
I think that I'll give it back and I order a new one with ips panel and I say adios to freesync/g-sync.
Yeah I have freesync on this as well and it doesn't seem to be doing much. Maybe the fact I don't notice it means it's working but I wouldn't pay extra for it. This monitor just happened to have it along with the other things I wanted. I don't notice the pixels at all but my issue is colors. When I watch a dark scene all the blacks get halos and it just doesn't look right. My 10 yr old TV I was using before this was fine so I'm confused why with all the technology we have now they can't get a monitor to work right

Reactions: slawter