[SOLVED] Pixelated Display is driving me crazy

Aug 22, 2019
Hi, I use an EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC, I have been facing this problem since I moved to Canada, as soon as I install the drivers (I’ve tried with different versions) my screen goes pixelating and when I try to change the resolution it goes to 840*660 something and locks every other resolution, I’ve tried the driverGuru to clean the drivers then reinstall it, hard resetting for any power surge, changed the PCI slot in my motherboard. Without the drivers it is fine but I cannot run furmark and as soon as I install the driver it goes to hell. I can share the images, just help me please, This is my own build and if anything happens to it I feel like my baby is sick. Please help.

Solution
This is

this is where I get my drivers from, yes if I don’t use the graphics card it works fine with intel graphics. Can you tell me if I get get the EVGA graphics card repaired in Canada? Because I have the invoice and I naught it in 2016 so it should be under warranty still, right?
When you moved, did you take the computer apart or reinstall windows or anything like that? Can you remember what you changed if anything? Right now the problem you are having is driver related, so getting the card replaced would not fix the issue. Your 970 is also very unlikely to still be under warranty, so if it happened to be a fault with the video card, you would most likely need to buy a new card. I also doubt EVGA would take the 970 for a...
Aug 22, 2019
First, kindly provide FULL PC specs, and more details. And yes, please post some screens or Images detailing your current problem. How OLD is that GPU ?
MSI H170 MOTHERBOARD
INTEL CORE I7 SKYLAKE 6700K
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970SC
16 GB RAM
ANTEC 650 WATT PSU
Windows 10 Pro 64

I don’t know how to share the image... I can email you if you can give me your email ID..

Aside from the horrible screen door effect in your pictures (which looks a lot like the moiré patterns seen in CRTs and hopefully do not appear in real life), what you are seeing is bad scaling from running a non-native resolution.

As we cannot know the native resolution of your monitor as you have neglected to tell us the model, all we can guess is that the drivers' default refresh rate is too high so it resets to a lower resolution, or the card is bad. Perhaps this is a different monitor than you used before? How is it attached?

Aug 22, 2019
Aside from the horrible screen door effect in your pictures (which looks a lot like the moiré patterns seen in CRTs and hopefully do not appear in real life), what you are seeing is bad scaling from running a non-native resolution.

As we cannot know the native resolution of your monitor as you have neglected to tell us the model, all we can guess is that the drivers' default refresh rate is too high so it resets to a lower resolution, or the card is bad. Perhaps this is a different monitor than you used before? How is it attached?
My Monitor is a Full HD LG IPS, When I switch to any other resolution it switches to 840*660 resolution and other resolution options either lock or disappear, speed and everything else is fine but the graphics.

The pictures I posted show the exact thing I see, and the monitor is connected with an HDMI cable. This is the monitor I have been using since forever. Can you suggest another way with which I can be more precise with the problem?

The graphics are like pixelated, in a way that it looks like the DOS computers from ages ago.

Aug 22, 2019
This is
Where did you get the Nvidia driver and have you tried using the Intel graphics with the GTX 970 removed from the system? Did you try using the Intel graphics to remove the Nvidia drivers you installed? Make sure you are getting your driver directly from https://www.geforce.com/drivers . The newest driver for your 970 is here https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/150300 .
this is where I get my drivers from, yes if I don’t use the graphics card it works fine with intel graphics. Can you tell me if I get get the EVGA graphics card repaired in Canada? Because I have the invoice and I naught it in 2016 so it should be under warranty still, right?

This is

When you moved, did you take the computer apart or reinstall windows or anything like that? Can you remember what you changed if anything? Right now the problem you are having is driver related, so getting the card replaced would not fix the issue. Your 970 is also very unlikely to still be under warranty, so if it happened to be a fault with the video card, you would most likely need to buy a new card. I also doubt EVGA would take the 970 for a trade or price difference on a new card.

Try using DDU again after you are on Intel graphics and are also in Windows safe mode. Here is a link to Microsfots help page to guide you to safe mode and make sure you click show all or the arrows to open the actual methods. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Edit One other thing before you remove the 970. You may want to check in your monitors GUI to see if it's reporting 60hz and also what the resolution it's displaying over HDMI or whatever input you are using.
Edit 2 You should check on the EVGA website to see your card is still under warranty.

Last edited:
Solution
Aug 22, 2019
When you moved, did you take the computer apart or reinstall windows or anything like that? Can you remember what you changed if anything? Right now the problem you are having is driver related, so getting the card replaced would not fix the issue. Your 970 is also very unlikely to still be under warranty, so if it happened to be a fault with the video card, you would most likely need to buy a new card. I also doubt EVGA would take the 970 for a trade or price difference on a new card.

Try using DDU again after you are on Intel graphics and are also in Windows safe mode. Here is a link to Microsfots help page to guide you to safe mode and make sure you click show all or the arrows to open the actual methods. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Edit One other thing before you remove the 970. You may want to check in your monitors GUI to see if it's reporting 60hz and also what the resolution it's displaying over HDMI or whatever input you are using.
Edit 2 You should check on the EVGA website to see your card is still under warranty.
Hi, I did not take the peripherals apart, it was shipped safely and with perfect packing by FedEx, and I just had to buy a voltage converter, which works fine, my PSU is 650 Watts and I got a 750 Watts transformer and voltage converter, it was not powering ON without it.
Also, I did try DriverGuru but not with safe mode, I will try that now.

Adding to that, Suddenly my PC started showing NVIDIA Control panel and started giving graphics properly, but if I run Furmark to check whether it completely works, it crashes.

I will try to reinstall the graphic drivers once again in safe mode.

By the way, Thanks :)