Play 'Fallout 4' On Your Rift This Week Thanks To Vireio Perception, HTC Vive Room-Scale Support Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Fallout 4 has been the worst game I have experienced for motion sickness since Counter Strike late '90s. I can't even imagine how bad it would be with VR.

robodan918

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
I'm slightly worried about motion sickness, but that isn't going to stop me from trying this! It sounds awesome

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
why do we need special support for oculus. And then more special support for vibe, and then more special support for xxxx, and more special support for yyyy.....

Why isnt dual eye rendering just bulit into the darn graphics drivers and work with any dual eye device. WTF is wrong with the state of VR.....

This fragmented store, only supports specific headsets, or only exclusive to one headset... This crap is going to kill VR before it even gets started.

LowlyKnight

Commendable
May 4, 2016
Man i really hope this works. VorpX isn't good enough now that I've tasted of the delicous 90fps rift games... i hope we are able to hit 90fps vr on games like fallout/skyrim soon because then I can just stop buying other games ;) I am excited about the implications of what they're doing, if they can figure out a way to put rift and vive room scale into existing games that would be amazing. 90fps is the most important bench mark now. That said I really hope Todd Howard, or Sean Murray can take a personal interest and throw native VR support into their games... a move like that would create the "must have" vr experience overnight.

LowlyKnight

Commendable
May 4, 2016
Fallout 4 has been the worst game I have experienced for motion sickness since Counter Strike late '90s. I can't even imagine how bad it would be with VR.

Thats horrible! I am assuming you mean just on a regular flat screen you get motion sick? If so I'm so sorry to hear that, that is horrible. I didn't know that flatscreen experiences could make people sick. My buddy gets migraines from certain games like Battleborn and so stays away but man... motion sickness is equally as bad if not worse.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I corrected the issues since it was with how Bethesda projects the game. They use an insanely small FOV, mouse acceleration, and add in head bob even though it is unrealistic. This is what makes me feel sick in the game. To correct the issue, I made the FOV much more appropriate and made the mouse acceleration linear. Can't do anything about the head bob.

Feb 16, 2014
Useless. Except for a precious few, games not explicitly developed with VR in mind suck in VR.

It's simply not cool to have a gun sticking out of your nose to aim at stuff by turning you head. In fact it's nauseating and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.