playback problem with media player

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

I have Xp and media player v9.0. All of a sudden, some
(not all)of my mpeg video files only play back partially.
If you move the seek button back and forth, the missing
parts will show up. What's the cure?

"Ted" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<1f5a901c4582e$4c578300$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have Xp and media player v9.0. All of a sudden, some
> (not all)of my mpeg video files only play back partially.
> If you move the seek button back and forth, the missing
> parts will show up. What's the cure?

Was there a fix for this?? I'm having the same problem. Tried
re-installing codecs, that didn't help. It happens in WMP 9, Winamp 5,
RealPlayer, etc...

Thanks...

Dave