'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Sells 10 Million Copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
odd. A lot of people complaining about the admins banning people that are only beeping the horn of the car, or doing something that people streaming the games don't like. Seems like they are trying to promote the game and anything they don't like gets banned. And streamers take priority over anyone else.

What makes zero sense to me is that the streamers don't delay their broadcasts by 5 minutes or something making stream sniping impossible. Why does streaming have to be live? What advantage does it have?

Chettone

Honorable
May 20, 2013
@MAC_ANGEL those were isolated cases and devs didnt had the experience (yet) on how to handle those situations. Stream snipers were clearly abusing the fact that streamers dont add delay on their streams, but thats not really devs fault. Since PUBG has a stretch relation with twitch (its main source of marketing), it was logical to stand in favor of streamers rather than trolls.

Warsaw

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
I just don't really see the big deal with the game. It's the exact same game as H1Z1: King of the Kill. Both (imo) are clunky shooters that still need a good amount of polish. I was talked into buying the game by my buddies which I had already previously owned King of the Kill. At least with H1Z1 it gave you the regular game as well as the battle royale version for $10 less.

stormflakes

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
bought the game 1 month ago. i was very sceptical, but even more bored.
i played cod modern warfare 2, liked that well enough, tried black ops 1 and quit online shooters instantly. i hate this constant dying crap and people popping up from everywhere every second! if i feel the need for a panic attack ill go kick a lion in the shin! dont need a game to do that.
pubg though, what a gem!
i got stuck once so the bugs people talk about are mostly gone ( apart from rusty fences being bulletproof :)
i love the MASSIVE community. almost never waiting to load a game with 100 players.
i love you can do your thing in this game. are you a sniper, a looter, a gun slinging cowboy, a camikaze biker, a carmageddon fanboy or a honking bullet magnet? there is room for you in this game.

I always play solo games ( fallout, skyrim, ... ) but this game i love to bits.

amen

dstarr3

Distinguished
I've noticed something. We always campaign against AAA studios released unfinished, buggy products, but then something like this happens, where an Early Access game that is incomplete, full of bugs, and totally lacking polish sells better than a lot of AAA games. I feel like if we really want AAA studios to stop releasing buggy, incomplete games, we need to show them that we're not willing to buy buggy, incomplete games. This is not how we do that.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
"What makes zero sense to me is that the streamers don't delay their broadcasts by 5 minutes or something making stream sniping impossible. Why does streaming have to be live? What advantage does it have?"

The ability to communicate with your audience. Streamers in general are NOT mlg material.

It's funny how this game has so many streamers going. "oh em gee this game is so good!" And half the community of this game has at one point streamed it, it seems.
Kinda reminds me of goat simulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.