Question Please Beep codes for ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4

Dec 11, 2023
hello everyone could someone please give me a list of the beep codes for the ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 please, I have searched the ASRock website but only found a very old list for motherboards from 2002 and would like an updated one.

thanks

https://pg.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp
this is the one I mean, I'm asking because I put a speaker and sometimes gives 5 beeps and no video, I have to remove the hdmi and put it back to see the image.
What cpu are you using?
What graphics card are you using?

At lower part of the board (below sata connectors) there are 4 diagnostic leds.
CPU,
DRAM,
VGA,
BOOT

If any diagnostic leds remain lit, this signals about problem with particular device.
Can you check those lights?

Anyway - 5 beeps should indicate problem with processor (for AMI BIOS).
https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

https://pg.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550 Phantom Gaming 4/index.asp
this is the one I mean, I'm asking because I put a speaker and sometimes gives 5 beeps and no video, I have to remove the hdmi and put it back to see the image.
Depends on whether they're short or long beeps as ASRock has used 5 long as video card (codes changed with UEFI). Unfortunately they don't have any troubleshooting information in their manuals so I'd look at the lower right of your motherboard there are 4 red LEDs (proper operation they should light up and then go off) which also correspond to the POST code.

Dec 11, 2023
Depends on whether they're short or long beeps as ASRock has used 5 long as video card (codes changed with UEFI). Unfortunately they don't have any troubleshooting information in their manuals so I'd look at the lower right of your motherboard there are 4 red LEDs (proper operation they should light up and then go off) which also correspond to the POST code.
When I turn on the computer, it turns on the CPU and DRAM LED, then they turn off, and then it turns on VGA and BOOT, then they turn off, and it shows the brand image and turns on, but there are some times that the screen does not show image, I have to disconnect the hdmi and reconnect it as I said, and when I do it, it is already in windows and loading discord, steam etc.

And seems to me to be 5 short beeps.

Dec 11, 2023
What cpu are you using?
What graphics card are you using?

At lower part of the board (below sata connectors) there are 4 diagnostic leds.
CPU,
DRAM,
VGA,
BOOT

If any diagnostic leds remain lit, this signals about problem with particular device.
Can you check those lights?

Anyway - 5 beeps should indicate problem with processor (for AMI BIOS).
https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
I am using
CPU: R5 5600X
GPU: RX 580 4Gb
CPU and DRAM led turns on, then off, then VGA and BOOT turns on, then off, and it shows the brand image and turns on, but there are times when the screen does not show image, I have to disconnect the hdmi and reconnect it, and when I do it, it is already in windows and loading discord, steam etc.

When I turn on the computer, it turns on the CPU and DRAM LED, then they turn off, and then it turns on VGA and BOOT, then they turn off, and it shows the brand image and turns on, but there are some times that the screen does not show image, I have to disconnect the hdmi and reconnect it as I said, and when I do it, it is already in windows and loading discord, steam etc.

And seems to me to be 5 short beeps.
Okay I understand now the beeps you're getting are that it doesn't detect a display connected to your system.

Does this happen every single time you turn the computer on?
If it does is the monitor on when you turn the computer on? (this shouldn't matter typically)

Have you tried a different cable or port on the card?

Dec 11, 2023
Okay I understand now the beeps you're getting are that it doesn't detect a display connected to your system.

Does this happen every single time you turn the computer on?
If it does is the monitor on when you turn the computer on? (this shouldn't matter typically)

Have you tried a different cable or port on the card?
Yes, I have another cable, I could try but as it happens occasionally I wouldn't know if it solved the problem or not.

TRENDING THREADS