Please build me PC - PLEASE HELP

Jacob_107

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016
I'm a student who is looking to switch from using laptops to a new Mini ITX or mATX desktops. I would like to use this build for studying but also for light gaming such as playing CS:GO, Rust, Rocket League, etc. I'm on a quiet low budget. My budget is around £550 but no more than £600 inculding OS, monitor, hdmi cable, keybr, mouse, wifi adapter and all other components inside the case. Just to suggest what I'm looking for I will post 2 links down bellow. Thank you for help.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/vLHrr7
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/GfWPVY

Those bulids doesn't include a gpu but maybe later on when I will be able to upgrade I could go for gtx 950 or maybe something better such as gtx 1060, it only depends on the budget. I would also like to go for V1 or V21 Thermaltake as a case and keep the same keybr as it is included in those previous build. As I would like to use this build for longer time I rather go for newer components or something which will least long even if I will use it for gaming. Please take care while building this. Thank you, thank you again.

Solution
There. Get teh GPU when you can afford it. That is a FreeSync monitor, so you will be wanting an AMD GPU.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor (£99.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard (£80.35 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£32.87 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: PNY CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£34.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.49 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card (£218.99 @ Ebuyer)...
There. Get teh GPU when you can afford it. That is a FreeSync monitor, so you will be wanting an AMD GPU.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor (£99.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard (£80.35 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£32.87 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: PNY CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£34.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.49 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card (£218.99 @ Ebuyer)
Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Tower Case (£35.49 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Antec TruePower Classic 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply (£54.15 @ BT Shop)
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2457-MHD 23.6" 60Hz Monitor (£119.00 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £719.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-15 21:17 BST+0100

Oh, and you really want an SSD in your build.

Solution

Jacob_107

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016

Thank you for posting a comment down bellow and giving me a better idea of what kind of thing I should look at. I'm only worried that i3 are a bit oldfashioned or something which will need an upgrade soon. I'm looking to build something which will least longer without upgrating, because I'm a student and I don't get paid to buy a new components every year. Also for the OS should I go for Linux at the start and maybe switch later to Windows if I will be able to afford it. Microsoft is pissing me off so much. If you are building a pc you need OS, maybe Microsoft Office and an antivirus program. This will cost you about £200 which makes the build already expensive but if you want something cheaper you can buy already manufactured build with a worser performance because most builds still only contain HDD, 2GHz processors and all the stuff that is only good for your office stuff. Thanks again.

An i3 is sufficient, don't worry about that. As for Linux, well, if your games run on it, sure, go for it. It will also be a good learning experience for you. But if they don't, you don't have a choice. I agree that Win si on the expensive side, but, foe productivity you will be very well served with a free Office alternative like OpenOffice adn don;t really need MS Office. Also, there are good free AV programs such as Avast.

Jacob_107

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016

I think I will be able to afford buying Windows so that wouldn't be a problem. The only think I'm really woried is the right components. I'm not an expert that is why I'm here and I only want something with a better performance which also is able to ran games even on medium settings but I also would like something which will least for longer. All my friends or anyone who wants a good performance but also stay in the budget goes with i5 which is something in the middle inbetween i3 and i7. Not cheap but not too extra expensive.

Well, it's like this: if you can afford an i5 6500, sure, get it, but not at the expense of the GPU ;)

Jacob_107

Reputable
Aug 14, 2016

I know what do you mean now, but as I said before I was rather looking for something better but as you changed my opinion with spending more money on the gpu I would like to ask what difference does the cpu make when I will be doing any web browsing or any kind of studying or writing a document. I don't thing it will afect the performance a lot as it will be only office work.

Unless you do rendering or other heavy math productivity stuff, you will never even get close to maxing out a latest gen i3. And i do mean not even close literally :)