Please connect PCie power cables issue.

Matej_8

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Please power down and connect the PCie power cabless to your graphic card.

This is the message i get as soon as i turn on the PC . I connected one PCoe to the gf but it has two slots and i dont have two PCie cables. Do i need two? What do i do. The graphic card is gtx 960 4g windforce.

Solution
This is absolutely the worst possible PSU you can have in your rig. Take a look at this list, it is not only tier 5, the lowest, but has a special note near them that they should actually be rated even lower than that:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Replace immediately, you can consider yourself lucky that it didn't catch fire or kill some component by now.

Use the mentioned list for reference and get... well, I'd like to say "virtually anything else", but avoid tier 5 and tier 4 if you can. Any tier 2, or even a tier 3 PSU would be a reasonably cheap option and a hugely better PSU overall.

Aim at 500W+ for additional headroom and pece of mind.

Yes, you need two, and here's what to do.

1) Specify the exact model of your PSU so we can decide what is the best solution. If the PSU is too weak or too bad quality model, the best option would be to replace it with a better quality model.
2) If we determine that the PSU has enough power/quality, but only lacks that single connector, this can easily be solved by using a 4-pin molex to 6-pin PCI-e converter.

Matej_8

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
sF7lKL.jpg

Here is a picture of my PSU .

This is absolutely the worst possible PSU you can have in your rig. Take a look at this list, it is not only tier 5, the lowest, but has a special note near them that they should actually be rated even lower than that:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Replace immediately, you can consider yourself lucky that it didn't catch fire or kill some component by now.

Use the mentioned list for reference and get... well, I'd like to say "virtually anything else", but avoid tier 5 and tier 4 if you can. Any tier 2, or even a tier 3 PSU would be a reasonably cheap option and a hugely better PSU overall.

Aim at 500W+ for additional headroom and pece of mind.

Solution

Matej_8

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
Oh wow . i am actually shocked that's it that bad . Thank you for the well informed advice , really appreciate it , will try to get a tier 2 one i think .

Very good decision, sir. PSUs are often overlooked by many, when in fact it is the single most important component in any rig. A quality PSU can last you many years and you can reuse it in at least 2-3 rigs. And of course, better protection of both you and your rig.

Filius_Aurorae

Honorable
May 28, 2015
Hey guys, I am having the same issue has him now. I have an MSI GeForce GTX 970. It was working fine until about a week or so ago and now I am getting the same PCI-e error.

My Power Supply is a Corsair CX750M.

I have an Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 mother board, 16 GB RAM, The AMD Vishera Black 8 core CPU, and I'm running a liquid cool system for cooling and two additional case fans.

I guess, I am needing to know if my GTX970 is fried or if my power supply needs more juice.

I am currently on the pc that needs the help, I have replaced the GTX970 with a Radeon 200 series, so I know my PCI slot is good and my PS is good enough to run the PC for the moment, but maybe the GC was just pulling too much power?

Any help would be appreciated!