Build Advice Please give advice on new case for my system ?

May 24, 2022
Hello Gentleman,

At the moment i have LianLi dynamic 11 Case, and at this point its starting to get too small for me after getting 3090 gpu and having to switch to 1600W power supply which is much longer than standard ones. Was looking around market and i cannot find any case that has support for radiator this size. My main concern is that at the moment i am in process of purchasing house and that always come with unexpected costs so idk how much extra money I can spare to finalize my system.
So to my question,

I have full custom loop on my i9 9940x, with 8cm https://www.aquatuning.at/wasserkue...phacool-nexxxos-monsta-360mm-radiator?c=25327 (12cm with fans on both sides) thick radiator from aquatuning, which is my main issue at the moment and i don't want to replace it since it keeps my CPU at 50-55°C in work conditions, 30°C idile.

So for now my GFX card is not water-cooled. and knowing that 3090 puts out huge heat inside chassis, my concern is how possible or good idea would be good to switch to new case, without having gfx card in water loop as well. Since idk how good airflow there is big cases is with my radiator case where all components are located. Anyone with experience can give me tip?

Should i wait few more months to spend extra 1000€ for full water loop on gfx card with both back and front water-cooled plates. or could some of your cases handle heat that gfx is outputting ?

I have changed stock thermal pads on 3090 as soon as i got it which got Vram temps from 100-105°C down to 85, but that's still a lot of heat that's going to dissipate inside chassis. Or can you recommend any other case that could fit this monster of radiator inside and still have spare fans inside to handle heat.
My Lianli case is modified to fit that radiator inside. And doesn't have good dust protection so that's additional reason why i want new case. hence having a cat its a huge issue and i have to clean it too often, picture attached https://ibb.co/Sn3t1FV

The cases i was looking at:

• Phanteks The Enthoo 719, it looks like it could fit this huge radiator with fans on bottom of case but cant find anywhere exact dimensions
  • Thermaltake The Tower 900. this one is a fit for sure, but issue is that front of case has only one ventilator, since all fans and radiators go in separate part of case. SO issue is heat dissipation from GPU and no way to vent it from front of case where all main components are.
  • Phanteks The Enthoo ELITE this one is perfect for my needs, with issue of being 800-900€ at the moment

Any other suggestions?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Since choosing a PC case is personal choice, pick the one that you like the most.

But with that fat rad, full-tower ATX would be minimum, where it may not even suffice, leaving only super-tower ATX.

For other options, how about Thermaltake Core W200 or Core X71 or Core P8 or Level 20?
Tt super-tower ATX lineup: https://www.thermaltake.com/product...roduct_list_limit=30&product_list_order=price

Space wise, Core W200 will suffice. And even when it doesn't, you can expand it with Core P200. Also, it's on wheels, so, it's easy to move around.
Btw, Tt Tower 900 is showcase case, and not for daily use. Hence the good looks but poor practicality.

Anyone with experience can give me tip?

I'm the last person to give advice on open loops since i prefer air cooling because in the end, it all is still cooled by ambient air.
I suggest you pop an e-mail to JayzTwoCents, since he is the open loop guru and knows the most about those.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL ATX Full Tower Case
Case: Lian Li O11D XL-W ATX Full Tower Case

If you are going to go full loop, that'll change the dimensions of the gpu. Much of the 3080-3090ti length isn't in the pcb, it's in the heatsink above it. Dumping that heatsink will severely reduce overall length of the card, giving more room for the rad + fans.

Packing that Monster into a 70-80Liter case with a full loop is child's play compared to me packing 2x240mm rads and full loop into a case that's less than 12Liters.

That rad is fully capable of supporting both cpu and gpu by itself. If you already have a working loop with a decent D5/DDC pump, a little bit of tubing, 2 more fittings and a full block shouldn't cost anywhere near €1k.

You have options. Just be careful with the 3090 block, you really want one that's double sided or has a decent backplate that keeps that extra vram on the backside of the card cooled too, which many reference blocks do not since they fit both the 3080 and 3090.

Last edited: