Question Please Help - Graphics Card Not Recognized by Mobo + Windows after hitting sleep button.

Jan 30, 2024
Hi there,

Yesterday I accidentally hit the sleep button on my keyboard which seemed to crash my computer. Upon restarting my monitors were black and the VGA light on the mobo was on, implying there was no output. I have a x570 master motherboard with a ftw 3090. I switched out the card for a Radeon 580 which worked and was able to get to device manager (Windows basic driver was the only one shown in device manager - which I thought was good b/c windows would see my 3090 as a new card). The 3090 was greyed out after click show hidden devices. While not connected to the internet I uninstalled the 3090 from device manager and then booted in safe mode and use DDU to remove the nvidia driver thinking it was clearly corrupted. Upon putting the 3090 back in I was in the same boat with the VGA light coming on after post with no display output. I have tried many things over the last two days with no luck.

Are there any steps I missed that would cause the 3090 drive to still be corrupted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!