michaeldumont4200

Prominent
Jan 8, 2019
So I installed a new graphics card last night (GTX 1070 Ti) when I did and turned on my pc, everything turns on. All my fans turn on, my graphics card is running, but my keyboard and mice won’t turn on, and there’s no connection on my monitors. Someone please help. Oh and u plugged back in my old graphics card just to see if my 1070 was faulty but it wasn’t (I think) it’s doing the same thing now with my old card GTX 1060
I’m not to smart with computers, so if anyone has a idea please share, I’m really heart broken about this not working....

Motherboard-MSI Z270
Graphics card- gtx 1070 ti (new)
Graphics card gtx 1060 (old)
Power supply wattage-700
Ram-DDR4 24gb of ram(I forgot the brand name of the ram)

michaeldumont4200

Prominent
Jan 8, 2019
Try clearing the CMOS. (Unplug the computer and remove the motherboards coin battery for at least 30 seconds)
That worked and a boot up screen happened. I clicked f2 which was the start up thing. Idk what’s happening but my keyboard is working and my screen is. Once everything is done loading do I try to plug in my new graphics card again?

michaeldumont4200

Prominent
Jan 8, 2019
That worked and a boot up screen happened. I clicked f2 which was the start up thing. Idk what’s happening but my keyboard is working and my screen is. Once everything is done loading do I try to plug in my new graphics card again?
It booted up to the screen where I gotta type my password. Does that mean it’s all set? And I can plug in my card? I’m so scared to do something else