Question Please help me pick between these 2 RTX 4070 Super cards

Lutfij

Titan
If you look at the clocks, the Asus comes out on top and it's cheaper too. If you're looking for a card that's longer and perhaps cools a little better due to a larger surface area on the heatsink, then you should look at the PNY...but Asus gets my vote between the two.

Reactions: artk2219

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't do any overclocking, so that isn't a factor.
The cards overclock themselves without you doing anything.
The small factory overclocks added on top mean so very little at the end of the day, as the max boost will dynamically change according to power limits, voltage limits and every 5C(IDK the exact value) warmer/cooler the operating temperature is. The final score(s) between the 2 cards won't be noticeable without benchmarks.

There's not a large price gap between either, so both are fair game.
Really, pick the one you like the look of the most. I prefer the look of the PNY one more.

Am leaning slightly towards the PNY one as I expect the 3 fans would keep it a little cooler.
Fan size, number of blades, blade curvature, fan rpm, sound profile, are all different.
The total board power that the cooler has to contend with may also be different, so no, I wouldn't put the 2 coolers on equal footing.

Trying to decide if I should get the ASUS one
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CQPYSF1...92K3E4PSY&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Or the PNY one
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CS6XCHK...92K3E4PSY&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Am leaning slightly towards the PNY one as I expect the 3 fans would keep it a little cooler.

I don't do any overclocking, so that isn't a factor.

Thanks!
Pny 3 fan model it will run cooler 2 fans my 4070 super struggles to keep it under 80s on Nvidia profile which is a bit hot for my liking

Balic Blackthorn

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
inno3d geforce rtx 4070 super
N407S2-126X-186162N

also cant state this enough the adapter is hot garbage get a 12VHPWR 16-Pin PCIe Cable for your psu model and do not bend the cable there shoul;d be about 3cm-4cm of cable before a bend. this is because bending the cable can cause hot spots in the cable.
https://external-preview.redd.it/90...bp&s=ab2696c9efff720cf7e7ff57760d9f63b835a106
Well, I'll make sure not to get that particular brand's card then. Thanks for the warning.

Well, I'll make sure not to get that particular brand's card then. Thanks for the warning.
no problem going to see if i can modify the thermal pads and paste and see if that changes the temp my last card from zotac had a similar issue.

also put a custom fan curve on any card you get as nvidia will only ramp the fans to 100 percent once the thing is in the danger zone

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
I have the Asus 4070 super and it has been good. I went for the white version as I liked the cooler as it matches my case. Temps do hit high 70's under load but it is relatively quiet. The case is on a desk next to my monitors so even then it is a relatively quiet card using the default fan curve.

I do have quite a well ventilated case though so temps may differ in a smaller case but I have been impressed so far.

The build quality feels better than cards I have had in the past and have not experienced any sag. It is quite a short card though at around 267mm but I needed that due to limited space at the front due to a push pull configuration on the radiator

Jun 23, 2024
Just be aware that Asus is still going through some issues with it's RMA situation and although they are making progress, it is only due to the ability of Gamers Nexus to bring it to light and force them to make some changes.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYdtpU8FKO8

I have had Asus motherboards for the last 10 years and this time I made the choice to go with Asrock. No company is perfect, but Asus has been doing some pretty slimy things lately.

Also, PNY is looking at working with Kingpin from EVGA. The fact that Kingpin is even looking to work with PNY is a huge push of confidence for that brand.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZQyNvZy5do

Balic Blackthorn

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
Just be aware that Asus is still going through some issues with it's RMA situation and although they are making progress, it is only due to the ability of Gamers Nexus to bring it to light and force them to make some changes.

I have had Asus motherboards for the last 10 years and this time I made the choice to go with Asrock. No company is perfect, but Asus has been doing some pretty slimy things lately.

Also, PNY is looking at working with Kingpin from EVGA. The fact that Kingpin is even looking to work with PNY is a huge push of confidence for that brand.
Crap, I already ordered the ASUS card lol. Well, I sprung for the protection plan, so if I have problems with ASUS themselves, hopefully the insurance will handle it.

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
To be honest I can only see positive things coming out of the ASUS and Gamers Nexus situation. ASUS have been exposed for some poor practices and the resolution is for them to be better moving forwards. This story has gathered so much attention that I only see it a positive for the future if you have an ASUS product.

I have used their motherboards for over 20 years and never had an issue so it does not overly concern me.