Please help me!!!

ErinTaylor345

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
I downloaded the free windows 10 upgrade onto my touchscreen Asus laptop (the touchscreen didn't always work) and it worked fine. Now its been a few months and it won't allow me to access anything unless its on my desktop. I can't even personalize it anymore. A little window pops up telling me "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Solution
I wouldn't know what's happening to you right now, but I am willing to bet that system restore will fix it.
If you don't have System Restore enabled, go for a System Reset.
Settings > Update & security > Reset this PC > Get started
If you can't open Settings, you can get to reset by restarting your PC from the sign-in screen. Press the Windows logo key Windows logo key+L to get to the sign-in screen, then hold the Shift key down while you select Power Power icon > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen. After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
If you can't do either of these, your only options are recovery drive, reset with USB/CD or format and reinstall with a USB/CD.

lakimens

Honorable
I wouldn't know what's happening to you right now, but I am willing to bet that system restore will fix it.
If you don't have System Restore enabled, go for a System Reset.
Settings > Update & security > Reset this PC > Get started
If you can't open Settings, you can get to reset by restarting your PC from the sign-in screen. Press the Windows logo key Windows logo key+L to get to the sign-in screen, then hold the Shift key down while you select Power Power icon > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen. After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
If you can't do either of these, your only options are recovery drive, reset with USB/CD or format and reinstall with a USB/CD.

Solution