please help... memory usage high even on idle

• Thread starter Deleted member 1267329
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1267329

Sometimes my memory usage % goes up to 90 % and even though I exit all programs it still shows high memory usage. The only way to lower it is to restart the pc. Is there something wrong?

Solution
It probably isn't but it's good to create new anyway, just to be sure.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

You can use the Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB flash drive to use to install Windows. As long as you install the same version that you already have, it will automatically activate.
D

Deleted member 1267329

The thing is nothing over 150 mb at highest is in use in taskbar under memory. Only way to ''reset'' the memory is to restart my pc.

D

Deleted member 1267329

Thanks for the input, no errors were found.

D

Deleted member 1267329

no SLI. Newly built gaming pc with 1070 gtx and i5-6600, 16gb ram.

D

Deleted member 1267329

What is install media?

D

Deleted member 1267329

Frankly I don't think thats the issue..

It probably isn't but it's good to create new anyway, just to be sure.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

You can use the Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB flash drive to use to install Windows. As long as you install the same version that you already have, it will automatically activate.

Solution
D

Deleted member 1267329

Is there any other method rather than reinstalling windows completely? It just takes alot of time and I have tons of folders games etc..

You can try a method that disables startup objects within the scheduled tasks during Windows startup...

Please download Piriform CClearner Free, uncheck any install options that you don't want, and navigate to the Startup tab on the left. Take several screenshots, one of all the contents in each tab across the top (Windows, Scheduled Tasks, Context Menu, etc). If there are two many listings to fit them all on screen at once, take multiple screenshots. The more information I have on this issue, the better I can help you.