Please Help! New build computer freezes while playing any game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

liljone

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
sell me your video card if you do :p better then my 7950 GT

liljone

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
If u got 4 or more ram banks then the dual channels are linked to 2+ banks (bank 1 is linked to bank 2 and bank 3 linked to bank 4) . The 2 banks must both be filled for dual channel to work. But the banks are not next to each other. (e.g. mem bank 1 is the closest mem bank to the cpu and mem bank 2 is the 3rd farest bank from the cpu. You want to fill bank 1 and bank 2 at the same time. If you got 2 sticks next to each other there a good chance you have the 2nd stick in bank 3 (which is linked to bank 4) instead of bank 2 (3rd farest mem slot from cpu). Two ram banks must be filled in the right order or dual channel will not work! (e.g. mem bank 1&2)

p.s. mem banks aka mem/ram slots :)

chris584

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
to Anyone coming to this topic for the same problem i ran some diagnostics with my pc with the SAME problem and one big reason is heat believe it or not i found it by accident when i was checking for artifacts on ati tool 2 mins later i see ati tool listing temps at 85 C and my fan level was 64% which means it isnt working i hope this helps with anyone else

shi2white

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012