Question please help new build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 12, 2020
i recently got a ryzen 5600x and a b550 motherboard. however i finished setting everything up and connected the wires but when i powered the system on the cpu light on the motherboard was red? Then i took the cpu out and out it back again same thing. The system starts and then shut off 5-10 seconds later or somtimes 30 seconds. I have no idea what i did wrong. Please help

View: https://youtu.be/nIGMSoTeQQQ

Nov 12, 2020
If the ram isn't installed, he'd have gotten that error already, it'd kick in before even trying to 'get drivers ready'.

The pc needs to be completely built before it'll work, like trying to start a car that has no dashboard nor engine.
also what other things do i need to make sure of to keep everything up to date and running smoothly wit a new build.

Nov 12, 2020
If the ram isn't installed, he'd have gotten that error already, it'd kick in before even trying to 'get drivers ready'.

The pc needs to be completely built before it'll work, like trying to start a car that has no dashboard nor engine.
I tried putting in the gpu on the main slot again but I think that slot of broken or I need to download a driver or something. Also my VNME isn't showing up. Do you know how I can fix this?

Nov 12, 2020
You'll need to download the correct video drivers for the gpu and install them. You should also go to the motherboard vendors website /support and dl / install any relevant chipset drivers.

You do have windows on USB?
For the gpu the drives are updated, Im not sure what the correct drivers are to download for my card to work on the main slot on the motherboard

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Don't worry about the slot, that'll sort itself out, or should anyways. For the motherboard, there's usually a package of drivers, you'll need that. For the gpu you'll goto nvidia and either manually search or auto search and get the right drivers.

The package should be self installing, if it isn't just use Device manager and manually update/install the drivers. The gpu is self installing.

Nov 12, 2020
Don't worry about the slot, that'll sort itself out, or should anyways. For the motherboard, there's usually a package of drivers, you'll need that. For the gpu you'll goto nvidia and either manually search or auto search and get the right drivers.

The package should be self installing, if it isn't just use Device manager and manually update/install the drivers. The gpu is self installing.
its still not working on that slot i tried to install a lot drivers from the msi motherboard site and nvdia site but nothing seems to make it work?