Question Please help, new system keeps randomly restarting

bishopi5

Distinguished
Ok guys i have no idea what to do anymore i have tried everything i really need some help, ever since i built my new computer it randomly restarts, sometimes goes for a week without doing, sometimes multiple times a day

I first blamed my new house (old apartment old wiring) and bought a UPS, the issue remained, i then blaimed software and completely formatted and left bare bones, issue remained

I have just now been able to afford a new Power Supply as everything was pointing towards that (the only parts that weren't brand new was my GPU and PSU), i installed my new corsair RMX 750 and its happened again....

I have no idea what to do or what could be causing this i really need help, i completely rebuilt the computer when i added the power supply, repasted CPU aswel, please help thankyou !

Specs
i9 10900k
MSI MAG z490 TOMHAWK
DOMINATOR PRO RGB 3200
NOCTUA NH-D15
CORSAIR RMX 750W
GIGABYTE XTREME GAMING GTX 1070
SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB

Lutfij

Titan
What PSU were you on prior to the new unit coming in? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing for your motherboard? You will also need to look into the version for your OS. Ideally you should be on version 21H1(for Windows 10). As for your platform, as is, did you fire up Samsung's Magician app/tool to see if you've got any firmware updates pending for the NVMe drive?

Did you inspect the CPU's socket for bent or broken pins? Also, did you try making sure that the cooler or underside of the motherboard isn't making contact with the chassis(causing a short)? Have you tried relocating the system to another wall outlet to see if you're suffering from a grounding issue?

bishopi5

Distinguished
It was a cooler master v 650, im on the latest bios, im on 21H1 fully up to date running fresh windows enterprise, ill check the NVME drive for errors but i moved it into a different slot when i rebuilt the whole computer today, yes motherboard is not touching the case there is a clear gap, im using a brand new UPS and i have changed power cables, i will move the UPS to a different socket but can't see how this could be the issue, ill be running mem test all night to see if my ram has trouble running at the stock 3200 speed, im really lost here i have built many computers in the past this is draining me, i could not afford that power supply and even if they take it back ill just be back at square one :(

There was no bent pins on socket and it will pass cinebench over and over for hours pulling 200+watts by itself and never restart, the restarts happen completely randomly, idling or on youtube more often then gaming or under any sort of load

Last edited: