Question Please Help: @outlook.com email server and port question

g725s

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
I have been using a stand alone version of Quickbooks Desktop Pro. 2019 to be exact. I use it for my small service business, where I email invoices/statements at the end of the month.

And since it is a stand alone version (old school software for those that remember LOL) it theoretically is mine to use forever.

Over on the Reddit Quickbooks group there are those still using the stand alone version minus some features, like bank linking. But I only need to email invoices and statements. I don't need it to download my banking.

I had it setup to email using an Outlook email account, and had it setup manually. Using the server name and port number that I've been using for years.

But today QBDT Pro is telling me it's not working. It keeps asking for the password that I know is correct.

Could it be that Outlook changed it's server and server name or discontinued old school setup like this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

for the Server Name I've been using : smtp-mail.outlook.com

For the Server Port I've been using : 587

KingLoki

Great
Jul 10, 2024
So it's a POP/SMTP account if you are using port 587.

SMTP server = smtp-mail.outlook.com
Port = 587
SMTP encryption = STARTTLS

POP Server = outlook.office365.com
Port = 995
POP encryption = SSL/TLS

Also check Outlook in the "Settings-Mail" section, to check if POP is enabled. Not IMAP!

IMAP is for sharing and syncing emails across to multiple devices e.g, phone, pc, tablet laptop etc.

Last edited: