Please help, this is driving me crazy!

thename1000

Honorable
May 30, 2012
:bounce: Hey!

So for a long time now (and every two weeks or so) My laptops wifi card will disconnect itself and the symbol on the task manager will be crossed out with a red X.

To fix it I have to disable the card and then re enable it. The network is not at fault, its the computer. It's independent of how often I restart the computer.

The driver is the latest version.

Is there anyway to fix this problem? Ideally someone could look through some kind of logs and tell me what the problem is. Please don't tell me its a hardware issue :(

Windows 7
Asus G53S

vince2611

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Kinda need more information than that. It can also be the connection problem (the router). Do you have any problem, when you're using the Ethernet cable? Did you check the "device manager" for the "!" symbol (warning or error), or to see if there's any message in device status box?

Download the correct driver?
Driver link: http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G53SX&p=3&s=282&os=30&hashedid=xxkAXDZNmlXj3U41

thename1000

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I can be sure it's not a router problem for 3 reasons:

1.) Its a new router, it happened on the older router.

2.) Other devices have no problem

3.) Its not like I just get booted off of the wifi, the wifi itself turns off. If I click the wifi networks it shows nothing.

I can't remember the exact error message and I can't reproduce it on command. Next time I'll check device manager. I just know it is crossed out, shows no networks (when there are several around) and only disabling it and re enabling it fixes it.

vince2611

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Does the device status confirm that its working? "This device is working properly."
Can you confirm that you've downloaded the driver correctly? The correct "hardware id code"?

TRENDING THREADS