Question Please help this poor gamer: Asrock B550M, R7 3700X, XFX RX 6800 XT Merc with Antec 750W 80+ Gold—are they compatible?

Kashif_7

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2016
Hi everyone,

I need your help, Recently, my PC started acting weird. I was playing a video on YouTube, and even after closing the browser, the video continued playing in the background. My Windows was acting strangely as well. I tried holding the power button to turn it off, but it wouldn’t shut down. So, I pulled the plug, and now my PC won’t turn on at all. I checked the motherboard, and there are no debug lights. Initially, I thought my PSU had died, but I tried using another PSU, and my PC still wouldn’t turn on. Now, I suspect my motherboard might be dead, but I’m not sure.

My Configuration:

• Processor: Ryzen 7 3700x
  • Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge WiFi (Dead i think Mobo doesn't get lit)
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz G.Skill
  • PSU: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro Series EA750G Pro 750W Semi-Modular 80 Plus
  • GPU: XFX RX6800 XT Merc 319
  • Storage: 1 NVMe + 1 M.2 SSD, 2 HDDs
  • Fans: 3 x 120mm
  • Monitors: LG UltraGear 144Hz 1440P 1ms, BenQ XL2411 144Hz 1ms, Samsung 43-inch TV
My Queries:

1. Will a B550 motherboard (specifically the ASRock B550M for $90) handle the Huge XFX RX6800 XT? I’m not planning to upgrade my PC until GTA 6 is released and just need it to last another year. I currently play CS2 and DOTA 2 and do some work on it thats it.
  2. Could my XFX GPU have fried my motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Ram: Dual channel DDR4-3600MHz ram kit with tight latencies.
Motherboard: You should be able to drop in aB550 chipset board and call it a day, transplanting all parts from your older build but you will need to reinstall your OS since you will swap motherboards.

ASRock B550M
Can you pass on the link to the board you've narrowed down from ASRock portfolio? This is to cross reference the supported CPU's list.

Reactions: Kashif_7

Kashif_7

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2016
Ram: Dual channel DDR4-3600MHz ram kit with tight latencies.
Motherboard: You should be able to drop in aB550 chipset board and call it a day, transplanting all parts from your older build but you will need to reinstall your OS since you will swap motherboards.

ASRock B550M
Can you pass on the link to the board you've narrowed down from ASRock portfolio? This is to cross reference the supported CPU's list.
I am thinking either of these

1.ASRock B550M-HDV Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen/Future AMD Ryzen Processors Micro ATX Motherboard, DDR4

https://amzn.in/d/5VuQfLg

2.GIGABYTE B550M AORUS Elite (AM4/ AMD/ B550/ Micro-ATX/ DDR4/ Dual M.2/ PCIe 4.0/ Realtek GbE LAN/Gaming Motherboard)

https://amzn.in/d/3y0HIdA

Kindly Suggest me your choices anything that just cheap for now.