Question Please help to find headphones for me

Jan 28, 2020
Hello, afters years of wearing classic earbuds for 20$ I'm looking for something different, I couldn't find the good earbuds I used back when there were no in ears. I also want to take care of my ears so I decided to buy over ears ( Sony wh-1000xm3 ) yesterday. Reviews seemed fine to me and what I didn't know about them to that point I took for granted for that price.. but well, I think about returning them, since…

- They are not friendly for cable guys, why the heck would you not allow to use the eq wired ? The app wont start and ask you to turn on bluetooth

- They don't even connect (bluetooth) when the cable is plugged on headphones side, so to get rid of the annoying bass I have to unplug the darn thing, set up the eq via bluetooth, connect my cable again. To this point I'm not 100 percent sure the eq profile is being saved when it's off

- I don't like the warm feeling on the sound, headphones should be neutral like studio headphones

- I don't care about bluetooth or ANC, Im not some moron flying around all day. I need it mostly on foot or in the train, but I don't need to do a spa session in the train right ?! It's good when they are not so heavy but I don't need a wireless connection at all cost.

- It would be nice to use them as a headset for gaming too, I can forgive buying a mic extra, but I need a neutral sound or at least a comfortable way to edit it when inappropriate, you can't edit the bad default setting when the thing is plugged in your dualshock controller, so at least the default sound should be neutral

Any ideas for some good headphones ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've been using Panasonic "Fit"? or somwhere between that line, they are in ear and should cost near 15-20$ (In my country OFC.)
Been using panasonic since it has that L connector and it kinda prevents early death of them. They lasted me for over 3 years, and when they died , the earpiece died.

Panasonic ErgoFit RP-HJE120-K

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_...ct-20&linkId=04ed8c99db88493056bf453dfd381be0

JBL is also great thing!

Also to add, the only slight down "Thing" is , they are kinda focused on higher sounds.

Neutral sound, light headphones with OK for gaming use, Cooler Master 751. If you want an external DAC with some 5.1 emulation then the 752. There are really dozens of good picks for you, from about $70 to $700. The Sennheiser 58x from Drop (Massdrop) are also great for the price. I got lucky and picked up an almost new pair used for $100, been fun to listen to. Only thing I don't like as much is the fact they use their own connection type, a lot of other headphones have 3.5mm plugs that a lot of cables use. I even turn my headphones to wireless with a bluetooth adapter and the 3.5mm plug on them.

TRENDING THREADS