[SOLVED] Please help!!!! Windows 10 loading issue

STUKguy

Commendable
May 31, 2020
Hi,

Im hoping someone can help my Windows 10 install has been acting very sluggish and im not sure why. So when i open file explorer it the address bar at the top takes ages to load 45 to 60 secounds, smal files (300mb) lets say i delete it, it takes about 45 to 60 secounds to delete. i have had this PC for a few years now and it has worked very well untill recently but i have maintianed it and really dont want to reinstall windows again

My Specs are
Windows 10 64bit Pro
Intel core i5-2320 3GHz
12GB Ram
1TB SSD
Gigabyte H61M-S2PV Motherboard

STUKguy

Commendable
May 31, 2020
Does your SSD manufacturer have an application you can download to test the health of the drive? From your description my first thought is a drive problem but it could be something else.
Yeah, I just installed Samsung Magician checked everything on the drive and everything came back fine. The issue for some reasons seems to have gone away????? im going to leaving it for a week or so and see if it comes back.

Thank you for your help

Aug 4, 2020
Hi,

Im hoping someone can help my Windows 10 install has been acting very sluggish and im not sure why. So when i open file explorer it the address bar at the top takes ages to load 45 to 60 secounds, smal files (300mb) lets say i delete it, it takes about 45 to 60 secounds to delete. i have had this PC for a few years now and it has worked very well untill recently but i have maintianed it and really dont want to reinstall windows again

My Specs are
Windows 10 64bit Pro
Intel core i5-2320 3GHz
12GB Ram
1TB SSD
[/QUOTE
Hi,

My Specs are
Windows 10 64bit Pro
Intel core i5-2320 3GHz
12GB Ram
1TB SSD

Here are some solutions
  1. Install Windows 10 from an external media
  2. Something Happened region in control panel while installing Windows 10
  3. Error 80240020 while installing Windows 10
  4. Disconnect additional monitors and other peripherals
  5. Remove the installation media