Apr 14, 2021
Yesterday, I bought hdmi to dvi-d (24+1) pin but it didn't work it only says check signal cable. I was trying to connect it from laptop to monitor. Can someone help me fix this? is it because of the compatibility? laptop resolution: 1920x1080 monitor: 1366 x 768 .

Apr 14, 2021
First, see if the DVI port of the monitor is the same as the cable.
- I used an adapter. I don't know what you mean by this: First, see if the DVI port of the monitor is the same as the cable.

Apr 14, 2021
Could simply be a bad adapter you are using, or your monitor does not have a DVI-D port on it.
to be specific I have the LG flatron E1940 there's a vga and dvi-d(dual link) on it. I used a laptop with only hdmi port,

Full story:
I found my old Lg monitor in a cabinet then I used it but I didn't have a vga port on my laptop then I researched about the difference of vga and dvi-d they said: dvi is much better so I chose to but a Hdmi (since I have one) to Dvi-d adapter I bought it for Php 39.00 (0.81 dollars) after I got the parcel I plug the hdmi to laptop and another end to the adapter then plugged it on my monitor tighten the screws but it says " Check signal cable" then I tried to plug it out and in still the same. Tried to detect if there's a monitor connected it says "Didn't detect another display" then tried again still nothing then I doubt that the adapter is broken. then I found a video about adapter but didn't answer my question. Some did say it can be the person who's wrong. I know this for about 9 months I think. Then Post a question about this. Didn't expect it'll be like this. I do have knowledge about computer hardware but didn't encounter something like this so I asked you experts if u can help me.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
LG flatron E1940
What I have seen for those monitors is a D-Sub (VGA) connection. Not DVI.

HDMI lacks an analog signal (digital only). VGA requires an analog signal. Unless the adapter you bought is an active (performs digital to analog conversion) adapter, it won't work.

Please post a picture of the actual adapter you are using (upload to a site like imgur.com and then place link here).