Question Please Help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Selathiel

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Please keep it to 1 thread
I am getting microstutters anywhere from 1% to 30% in every game I play minus a select few that either i cant notice or it just doesnt happen. I tried two gpus, new ram and repasted with my bios and chipset being the latest I can get.

Specs
5800x3d
7900GRE sapphire nitro plus
32gb ddr4 3600mhz ripjaw
corsair rmx850
x570 plus wifi

Selathiel

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
What version of Windows are you running? Is it fully up to date?

Have you scanned for malware recently?

Did you ever remove the case cover and run with the system "open"?

Do you have access to another GPU that could be swapped for testing?
I'm running windows 10 and fully up to date and I have scanned for malware with none being on my system. I have ran with the case cover open and it didn't seem to change much, I did have a previous gpu in here which was a 6750xt that I swapped for the gre and had the same stuttering issue as I did with the gre

Selathiel

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Have you tried using a wireless connection to compare the performance with the wired connection?

I would also suggest that you consider upgrading to Win 11, support for 10 ends next year.
I haven't tried a wireless connection no but I can try that in just a bit and I'll upgrade it too while I'm at it. I was debating on doing it anyways so I'll go ahead with it