Please someone help me with my computer T___T

Cissnei

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
I will be saying this very short, if you don't read all you will probably tell me to clean fans or scan for malware (i've already done it many times).

1. For the past few years i've had an unidentified (many people tried to help me with it) problem that caused my PC to randomly go 70-80% CPU usage at idle and the usage would stay high until i would reboot the PC or relog from the system. It was random, except for the times it happened because there was Windows update waiting to be installed. My PC was working super slow/clingy with that usage so i had to reboot sooner or later. It would happen 1-3 times a day, everyday

2. After years of everyday occurrence, it stopped few weeks ago, and the day it stopped was the day i've had another problem appear- everytime i left my PC idle after few hours (or so) it makes a loud choke/moan/idk NOISE and, as it was idle before- with my monitor turned off- it stops being idle as if someone touched the keyboard. Also, my internet goes off for a second- i can tell because i lost connection to Steam servers and i can see the info in the chat. It just takes 1-2 seconds and then its back to normal. Always and only when left idle. I can't describe the noise. It's like a load/breath/moan noise from inside the PC.

3. Tonight something else happened. When i was sleeping with PC on, the regular "moan" apparently turned off my PC. All the software was closed EXCEPT for Chrome that i left on and it had all the tabs opened that i left it on with. Chrome was untouched, meanwhile everything else was turned off. I checked task manager and yes, it said my PC has been only working for 4 hours, while in reality it's been on for 20+ before i went to sleep.

Can someone please tell me what's going on? Is something dying? What should i do?
All the temperatures are perfect and the fans spin at normal speed.

rmark45matsu

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
If there's not much to back up, you could try to wipe and reload and see if the problems still occur. Seems like a software problem, but the noise is clearly hardware. The wipe should clear up all your software problems however.

Cissnei

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014

Yes this would be reasonable but there's plenty to back up and i would prefer to do it as my last resort. I already made backup copy of some of the files but it will take days to re install and bring everything back.
Can you explain how did my PC, supposedly, restart with all the Chrome tabs and settings being the exact same when i found it in the morning? Do you have a theory?

I don't mind the noise and that it does weird noises/activity when left idle for hours, but im afraid that something might be dying, hardware-related. It scares me ; - ;

hard drive when they failing do to bad berrings do start making noise look online for hard drive failing sounds see if one is close to yours. also run hdtune and vendor test tools check drive health. another point is fan berrings on cpu or the power supply. when they wear out they can start to stick.

rmark45matsu

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
If my computer force restarts when I'm away I know that chrome will restore it's self, however I'm not sure why it would have opened to begin with. Chrome may have updated and right when it was restarting the computer rebooted, forcing it to load up after the reboot?

Cissnei

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014

This is super unlikely and it never happened before; - ;

Cissnei

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014

Hi, Hard Disk Sentinel said my hard drive is in perfect condition.
I didn't recognize any of the sounds i found on google. y sound is pretty short and maybe not that "weird" sounding. Also, there's never any clicking

Cissnei

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014

Should i be afraid? Should i just wait for something bad to happen since right now it's all so vague? The temperatures are all fine and the PC doesn't really work bad. Could this issue be RAM related? Or something with my motherboard?

Cissnei

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014

The sound is 100% related to my internet going off while idle/possible reset while idle, and to the problem of high CPU usage that persisted for years and is now gone. So no way it's fan blades