Question Plenty of BSOD's, different error codes

Aug 28, 2019
Hello,
I'm dealing with multiple bsod daily. There appears 4 different bsod error codes. Mostly it is UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION or CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, but sometimes I see MEMORY_MANAGMENT (or sth like that) and KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. I think the bsod always comes after windows startup ( withing like 20 minutes ) After the computer restarts there might come very fast bsod just one last time. After 1-2 bsod it works fine. I did sfc, which showed corrupted files that it can't repair, after I did dism and again sfc it shows no integrity violations.
In my opinion it is either hdd/ssd or ram. I did memtest 4 or 5 times, 4 passes every time and it finds no error tho. Crystaldiskinfo says good for both drives. Only thing I'm worried is that it shows very high temperatures for ssd (60-95C or 140-203F). Apparently it is fine for Patriot Hellfire. Right now I installed win10 only on hdd and I'm not using ssd to check if it is its fault. Don't know why I'm not getting dump files. What do you guys think about it ?

My specs:
Lenovo Legion y520
i5 7300HQ
geforce 1050
8GB ram 2400Hz(samsung)
Seagate 1TB 5400rpm
Patriot Hellfire 240GB

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes, I enabled small memory dumps, but everytime the computer restarts after bsod the only thing I see is empty folder.
and the location is definitely set to system root / minidump?
There are some BSOD that don't create MINIDUMPs, but some of yours do.

Sometimes if there are problems accessing the drive at the time of the crash it can also prevent minidumps. (amongst other things).

I did sfc, which showed corrupted files that it can't repair
Usually not as likely for SFC to find faults that it can't repair and then DISM to not find anything.
Do the BSODs always happen despite what you are doing? If so can you test to see if they still occur in safe mode or clean boot state?

Aug 28, 2019
and the location is definitely set to system root / minidump?
fk right now I don't remember if it was system root/minidump or just system root. I think I didn't changed anything with location. Isn't it set to system root /minidump on default ?

Do the BSODs always happen despite what you are doing? If so can you test to see if they still occur in safe mode or clean boot state?
Yes, they do. It doesn't matter if I'm playing games, using mozilla, it happens. Once it happened just after I reinstalled windows and was doing nothing xD
I will try to use safe mode after the bsod happens because yesterday I reinstalled windows on hdd to check if it is ssd fault. No bsod until now but still not sure if ssd fault is the solution.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I will try to use safe mode after the bsod happens because yesterday I reinstalled windows on hdd to check if it is ssd fault. No bsod until now but still not sure if ssd fault is the solution.
Could well be. Wait and see is the best option. Faulting storage drives can prevent minidumps from being created.

If a stop error appears again, then see if you can grab the minidumps.

fk right now I don't remember if it was system root/minidump or just system root. I think I didn't changed anything with location. Isn't it set to system root /minidump on default ?
Should be, but not always :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Could well be. Wait and see is the best option. Faulting storage drives or SATA cables can prevent minidumps from being created. Did you use the same or a different SATA cable?

If a stop error appears again, then see if you can grab the minidumps.

Should be, but not always :)

Is this the laptop or desktop version? I'm guessing laptop.