Plex Sureburn

G

Just thought I'd tell all you "fed up with crappy burners" about Plextors new plexwriter w sureburn. IT ACTUALLY WORKS, dammit. How bout that, a technology that lives up to it's name.
Platform:
Compaq Deskpro 6350, PII 350, BX, 64mb, Ata33,NTserv sp6.
CDrom 12xspeed pioneer ATAPI.
Plexwriter 12x8x32 ATAPI.

Copied a 800mb MS Scelect cd (internal use) at 12x speed.
No probs, 7,44 min burn time.
Tried aprox 20 other cd's no prob.

Just thought you might want to know.

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Oh well, cool technology, but I would hold on to my Yamaha CRW8424E and try not to do anything while writing CD so that they would not be buffer underrun instead of spending more $$$ upgrading to Plex for that whatever burn. :smile:

Of course I would buy Plex when this thing stop its servicing lifespan. But that would be long time though, I hope.

Smart guys are not smart; they only see things in different perspective.
1st <b>member</b>!

G

I love the Plexwriter 1210A. I really love it. I have been able to burn CD's at 12X without getting coasters so far, while doing whatever I wanted as I burnt CD's. The cool thing is that I've only got a Pentium MMX 200@225 and I got lots of buffer underruns when recording at 4X with a 8210 HP Rewriter (and I cannot allow myself to waste money on CD's, students are poor by nature).

G

Thanks for the post. That was at the top of my list for burners. Nice to hear about first hand use.

Take care

G

Just for kicks, I did it again.. wanted to see how much burn time is affected if the source is REALLY poor.
Took some (158mbworth) of assorted holiday images, and a movie (402mb) from my dvcam and let the poor old sod drag em thru my congested network straight to the burn process.
Burned perfectly at 4,62 min with stops (buffer empty) every 5-10secs. Amazing isn't it?

G

I think Sure Burn is what Plextor calls Burn Proof..the anti buffer underrun jobbie

If you use Win2k or probably nt4 as well you can do whatever you like while copying a cd..this is true for SCSI at least but it looks like ATAPI is finally much more reliable from these posts