Build Advice Plz help me figure out what I need!?

Dec 10, 2022
Hello,
I'm thinking about building a PC to essentially replace my PS5. I mainly play call of duty/warzone and then sometimes some RPGs like Diablo, etc. Using a 1080p monitor right now.
  • How much would building a PC upgrade my gaming experience?
  • How much money am I looking at spending? Is it a good time to be buying PC components? I do have an older gaming PC that I use daily for work and some games like starcraft/diablo 3. Some older components, not sure if salvageable... see below...
  • I have a guy who can build it for me, i'd just prefer to get the parts myself, cut the middle man, and have him build it. Or should i watch a youtube video or something and try it myself?
  • Would anyone be able to suggest the components or some options for me? I know i need the following
    • Power supply - In current PC?
    • GPU - currently have an old GTX 650..... i know ill need to replace
    • SSD hard drive about 160GB
    • RAM- Current PC has 8GB
    • Motherboard - Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz
    • Storage case - I'd like one of the cool one's with lights and such.... could use a suggestion.
I appreciate any help anyone could offer. Thank you!

Hello,
I'm thinking about building a PC to essentially replace my PS5. I mainly play call of duty/warzone and then sometimes some RPGs like Diablo, etc. Using a 1080p monitor right now.
  • How much would building a PC upgrade my gaming experience?
  • How much money am I looking at spending? Is it a good time to be buying PC components? I do have an older gaming PC that I use daily for work and some games like starcraft/diablo 3. Some older components, not sure if salvageable... see below...
  • I have a guy who can build it for me, i'd just prefer to get the parts myself, cut the middle man, and have him build it. Or should i watch a youtube video or something and try it myself?
  • Would anyone be able to suggest the components or some options for me? I know i need the following
    • Power supply - In current PC?
    • GPU - currently have an old GTX 650..... i know ill need to replace
    • SSD hard drive about 160GB
    • RAM- Current PC has 8GB
    • Motherboard - Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz
    • Storage case - I'd like one of the cool one's with lights and such.... could use a suggestion.
I appreciate any help anyone could offer. Thank you!
Make, model and age of your current psu, what country are you located and what is your budget?