Question PNY 4090 Verto Triple Fan vs Colorful 4090 Vulcan OC?

BejoBarokah

Commendable
Sep 8, 2020
Assuming USD 200 price differences, with PNY card being the cheaper one, should i get PNY 4090 Verto Triple Fan vs Colorful 4090 Vulcan OC?

I won't overclock the card, since 4090 power consumption is already high and i think the gain is not worth it.

Thank you

Last edited:
That's a lot of price difference, so it's better to get PNY instead of Colorful. Both these custom GPUs will perform similarly, give or take, and you can even OC the PNY card to get some extra boost in performance, if need be. This won't be necessary though, since the RTX 4090 is already a very powerful GPU.

Make sure to also use a compatible high-quality PSU with this card. Your current PC specs ?

Reactions: BejoBarokah

BejoBarokah

Commendable
Sep 8, 2020
That's a lot of price difference, so it's better to get PNY instead of Colorful. Both these custom GPUs will perform similarly, give or take, and you can even OC the PNY card to get some extra boost in performance, if need be. This won't be necessary though, since the RTX 4090 is already a very powerful GPU.

Make sure to also use a compatible high-quality PSU with this card. Your current PC specs ?
Ah, ok. My CPU is Ryzen 5 3600 and my PSU is Seasonic PX-750. I know it's below the recommended wattage, but i'm willing to lower the power limit if necessary.

Thanks

Ah, ok. My CPU is Ryzen 5 3600 and my PSU is Seasonic PX-750. I know it's below the recommended wattage, but i'm willing to lower the power limit if necessary.

Thanks

Yeah, Nvidia actually recommends a min 850 watts power supply unit, just to be on a safer side, but you are already having a high quality PSU, which should be enough despite it being below the recommended specs.

I mean, PSU's WATTAGE alone doesn't always matter that much, because the QUALITY of the PSU is what one should be looking for mainly, quality of the components used/CAPS, as well as the total AMP drawn on the +12V RAIL (output), the efficiency under load, "ripple suppression", among other factors.

The OEM also matters a lot, instead of the actual PSU brand. I've seen PSUs labelled as 1K watts, but in actual real world scenarios, they can hardly pull 400 Watts from the wall, even under full load.

I presume your PSUI is Platinum certified as well ? Anyway, the Focus PX is a reputed lineup of PSUs. You are good to go.

Reactions: BejoBarokah

BejoBarokah

Commendable
Sep 8, 2020
Yeah, Nvidia actually recommends a min 850 watts power supply unit, just to be on a safer side, but you are already having a high quality PSU, which should be enough despite it being below the recommended specs.

I mean, PSU's WATTAGE alone doesn't always matter that much, because the QUALITY of the PSU is what one should be looking for mainly, quality of the components used/CAPS, as well as the total AMP drawn on the +12V RAIL (output), the efficiency under load, "ripple suppression", among other factors.

The OEM also matters a lot, instead of the actual PSU brand. I've seen PSUs labelled as 1K watts, but in actual real world scenarios, they can hardly pull 400 Watts from the wall, even under full load.

I presume your PSUI is Platinum certified as well ? Anyway, the Focus PX is a reputed lineup of PSUs. You are good to go.
I see, aight then, seems like the PNY is the better choice. Thank for the advice