[SOLVED] PNY RTX 3060Ti - How can I set it's default RGB color without using the VelocityX software?

JinxTheWorld

Commendable
Jan 10, 2021
Basically title.

I know about VelocityX software, but i would rather not have it run at startup. I tried looking around, but only answer i can find is using the software. Is there perhaps a file, registry, or anyway to set it's default color to say [Red] for example, instead of [Green]? There has to be something... right? Since a software can control it, there should be some file somewhere one would think.

It's not that much of a inconvenience to just have VelocityX software run at startup, but i don't need it for anything except to change the RGB on the card. So would be nice to just have it stay a certain color for whatever color theme i am doing.

Solution
There has to be something... right? Since a software can control it, there should be some file somewhere one would think.
that file is stored in rgb controller (firmware)
software which can change rgb effects talks through i2c, which means software sends messages to rgb controller to do some change there
so if that rgb software doesnt provide any way to alter/save color scheme, then manualy editing rgb firmware is what youre not looking for xD
There has to be something... right? Since a software can control it, there should be some file somewhere one would think.
software which can change rgb effects talks through i2c, which means software sends messages to rgb controller to do some change there
so if that rgb software doesnt provide any way to alter/save color scheme, then manualy editing rgb firmware is what youre not looking for xD

Solution

JinxTheWorld

Commendable
Jan 10, 2021

I think i get what you are saying. Basically not something that i can do via windows through normal means and is unadvised to pursue further due to a chance to cause damage. Thank you for your response. Guess i'll just use the software lol.