Question Pny usb stick problem

allin22

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
Hi , I have a PNY usb memory stick , it's formated as a NTFS , when I copy something on it it's working very slow like speed is from 600kbps to 0(it stays some seconds on 0) even when I delete one small file it takes like 20-30 seconds to complete. Formated , optimized and windows error checking and chkdsk, switching usb ports all tried but it's the same.
*I can't find the "policies" tab on device manager.

Ralston18

Titan
Which model PNY usb memory stick? Capacity, how full? Age?

Should not matter per se but what is it that you are trying to copy? File size, type, etc..?

What AV are you running?

Are you able to test the PNY usb memory stick on another known working computer?

Do other known working (at speed) usb memory sticks work on your computer?

Not sure what you mean by "*I can't find the "policies" tab on device manager. ". Please add some explanation.

allin22

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
Which model PNY usb memory stick? Capacity, how full? Age?

Should not matter per se but what is it that you are trying to copy? File size, type, etc..?

What AV are you running?

Are you able to test the PNY usb memory stick on another known working computer?

Do other known working (at speed) usb memory sticks work on your computer?

Not sure what you mean by "*I can't find the "policies" tab on device manager. ". Please add some explanation.

PNY Attaché 4 USB 2.0
A movie (3,5gb) around 1mbps speed and 5 songs (20mb) around 300kbps
Kaspersky but it's the same even when av is turned off.
Yes tried on a Win7 pc and it works the same
Yes I have a SandDisk who works fine
The one with 'enable safety remove disk" options.

Ralston18

Titan
Safely remove disk - USB stick.

In the lower right screen corner there is (or should be) a upward pointing ^

When left clicked a window with small icons should appear.

One of those icons is a representation of a USB plug but looks more like a "mouse" to some people. Very plain and just a white outline.

Hover the mouse cursor on the icon and the words "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" appear. Left click.

Select the USB device to be ejected and execute.