Question Port forward stopped working for literally no reason?

alii98

Reputable
Nov 6, 2016
Hi,I have a huawei modem which goes into my tp link archer c6,and everything was going smoothly until a week or so ago

I port forwarded ports 25565 on all(tcp and udp in a single rule) and 19132-19133 on udp,again,on a single rule,with the internal ip being my ipv4 adress,which I always used and always worked

Everything worked as it should have until a week ago,until I noticed that my public ip changed,again,but this time something was different

It just stopped working,as people could not connect to my server,and the ports were not open

The problem isn t that the ip changed,as it always has,and even changed while having this router a few times,but I would just give the updated ip and the port and everything would be ok

Now however,I am just out of my mind,as I tried setting a static ip,but to no help

And my ip changed yesterday,after resetting my router to factory settings,but it did not help at all...

TLDR

Everything the same,after one ip change,which happens regularely,it stopped working

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,I have a huawei modem which goes into my tp link archer c6,and everything was going smoothly until a week or so ago

I port forwarded ports 25565 on all(tcp and udp in a single rule) and 19132-19133 on udp,again,on a single rule,with the internal ip being my ipv4 adress,which I always used and always worked

Everything worked as it should have until a week ago,until I noticed that my public ip changed,again,but this time something was different

It just stopped working,as people could not connect to my server,and the ports were not open

The problem isn t that the ip changed,as it always has,and even changed while having this router a few times,but I would just give the updated ip and the port and everything would be ok

Now however,I am just out of my mind,as I tried setting a static ip,but to no help

And my ip changed yesterday,after resetting my router to factory settings,but it did not help at all...

TLDR

Everything the same,after one ip change,which happens regularely,it stopped working
Your ISP could have changed something. Does the IP address on the WAN of your router match the IP from https://whatsmyip.com/ ?