Question Port forwarding error

Jun 9, 2023
Good time of day I'm here because of a problem I have a tp link wr841n with triolan as ISP and I wanted to open ports on my computer (windows 11) but I failed I looked on internet for guides and watched like 6-9 of them and spend 5 hours messing with it oh and also i need specific port 30814
Thanks for your attention

I would first try to use the DMZ option instead of port forwarding. Port forwarding rules on some routers can be confusing but the DMZ all you need to get correct it the IP of the machine on your network running the service.
Two other things to check.

The most common cause we see when people have spent some time troubleshooting this is they do not actually have a public IP and will never be able to get port forwarding to work. Check the IP in your router that is assigned to the wan port, the exact menu varies a lot between routers. If this IP does not match a site like whatsmyip you have a private IP and can not use port forwarding.

The second one is be sure you can access the server function from another machine on your lan using the local IP. If you are running port scanners from the internet there must be a program actually active on the port that will respond.

Jun 9, 2023
I would first try to use the DMZ option instead of port forwarding. Port forwarding rules on some routers can be confusing but the DMZ all you need to get correct it the IP of the machine on your network running the service.

The most common cause we see when people have spent some time troubleshooting this is they do not actually have a public IP and will never be able to get port forwarding to work. Check the IP in your router that is assigned to the wan port, the exact menu varies a lot between routers. If this IP does not match a site like whatsmyip you have a private IP and can not use port forwarding.

The second one is be sure you can access the server function from another machine on your lan using the local IP. If you are running port scanners from the internet there must be a program actually active on the port that will respond.
How to check my ip in anouther way then a whats my ip ipconfig in cmd?

Jun 9, 2023

my ip on whats my ip starts with 178 but when I enter ip config to cmd it shows IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.....
does it mean thats I should contact my ISP?

ipconfig is in your pc it only sees the IP the router gave it. You must go into the router and look in the menus. I can't tell you where this is every router is different.

If you have a private IP you likely are out of luck. It all depends, some small number of ISP will give you a public IP for asking. Some other ones you must pay a extra monthly fee. Then some there are technical restrictions in the way the ISP made their network that make it impossible.

Without a public IP you would need to start to look at using hosted servers or maybe a vpn service that offers a fixed public IP.

Jun 9, 2023
ipconfig is in your pc it only sees the IP the router gave it. You must go into the router and look in the menus. I can't tell you where this is every router is different.

If you have a private IP you likely are out of luck. It all depends, some small number of ISP will give you a public IP for asking. Some other ones you must pay a extra monthly fee. Then some there are technical restrictions in the way the ISP made their network that make it impossible.

Without a public IP you would need to start to look at using hosted servers or maybe a vpn service that offers a fixed public IP.
Ok thanks for help tomorrow i will contact isp but just in case can you give me an example of one of these vps with fixed public ip?

One of the larger ones is NORD that offers a fixed public IP. If you run the vpn app on the server then you do not even need port forwarding since the ip is assigned to the end server directly.
It depends on what you are actually doing. Many times it is cheaper to just rent say a virtual game server.

Jun 9, 2023
One of the larger ones is NORD that offers a fixed public IP. If you run the vpn app on the server then you do not even need port forwarding since the ip is assigned to the end server directly.
It depends on what you are actually doing. Many times it is cheaper to just rent say a virtual game server.
Ok thanks but is there any free alternative?

Extremely unlikely. IP addresses are valuable and then you also get the vpn service. The "free" vpn services are extremely sketchy. They have to make money to cover their costs somehow and a few have been caught running crypto miners on peoples machines. In general it almost doubles the monthly cost to get a dedicated ip from a vpn company.

Jun 9, 2023
Extremely unlikely. IP addresses are valuable and then you also get the vpn service. The "free" vpn services are extremely sketchy. They have to make money to cover their costs somehow and a few have been caught running crypto miners on peoples machines. In general it almost doubles the monthly cost to get a dedicated ip from a vpn company.
Ok got it and one more question is this static public ip available in NORD vpn free trail?