Port forwarding for two Xbox consoles (for open NAT) Asus RT-N56U

wildpluckings

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
In xbox live games we often see "moderate NAT" warnings, and most if not all of the time going back to the dashboard and hitting "test xbox live connection" will resolve the problem.

But I now want to set up port forwarding and a static IP address for both consoles. I need to open:

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)

I can forward these to one IP, but ONLY one. How do I go about forwarding the same ports for two consoles. Is that even the goal here? I just don't understand! I hardly understand what I am writing about, network configuration is my ultimate enemy when it comes to software troubleshooting haha

We are using the Asus RT-N56U router

Thank you for any advice.

Davelaff

Reputable
Mar 15, 2015
Actually, a user-defined port-forwarding profile for one xbox and full DMZ on the other doesn't work because when all of the ports are already open for one unit, you can't reopen the ports for a different ip. Why? It doesn't matter. You just can't.

What are these mystical gateway modems that you can adjust your NAT settings on, because I am starting to think it's not a real thing. I've spent days of my life trying to fix this problem.

The person who figures this out is going to be a millionaire.