[SOLVED] Port forwarding issue

lorior

Reputable
Jun 6, 2017
Heres what I have going on, I have a PC connected to a router, the router is connected to the modem and aparently I have ipv6. I dont really know what I'm doing at this point so any help is apreciated.

Solution
You can forward ports through multiple routers/modems but it requires extra steps. There's a couple ways to do this. You could forward the ports from the modem to the router, then from the router to your computer, or you could put your modem in DMZ mode then forward the ports from the router to the computer.

There should be an IP somewhere on your modem with a login and password, you can type that into a browser to log in and forward the ports from there. Depending on what brand and model it is, the interface is going to look different but there are guides online that show you how to do it on just about any model. Keywords to look for are NAT/Gaming/Pinhole/Port Forward.

You should be able to do the same on the router to forward...

Feren142

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
You can forward ports through multiple routers/modems but it requires extra steps. There's a couple ways to do this. You could forward the ports from the modem to the router, then from the router to your computer, or you could put your modem in DMZ mode then forward the ports from the router to the computer.

There should be an IP somewhere on your modem with a login and password, you can type that into a browser to log in and forward the ports from there. Depending on what brand and model it is, the interface is going to look different but there are guides online that show you how to do it on just about any model. Keywords to look for are NAT/Gaming/Pinhole/Port Forward.

You should be able to do the same on the router to forward the ports to whatever device needs them, presumably your computer. You should have an ipv6 and an ipv4. You can check this by opening a command prompt and typing in "ipconfig".

I've only ever messed with forwarding ipv4 stuff, but I hope this helps.

Solution