[SOLVED] Port forwarding minecraft server not working ?

Nov 20, 2021
Hello,
I have raspberry pi 4 4GB with Raspbian 64bit. Up to date.
I cant port forward port 25565. Every single time I check port with website yougetsignal.com, canyouseeme.org etc. Port is showing as closed (Connection time out). I disabled firewall and still closed, enabled firewall on raspberrypi and added ports 80, 25565 as open (basically firewall is off on raspberry pi) with these commands:
  1. sudo ufw allow ssh
  2. sudo ufw allow http
  3. sudo ufw allow https
  4. sudo ufw allow 25565
  5. sudo ufw enable
Modem model is B525s-23a and Router model is Tenda AC1200
Internet acces is from Modem ---> Router ---> Raspberry Pi
I port forwarded 25565 in modem that Router can acces to it. Then I post forwarded 25565 from Router. Still Closed.
Then I connected rpi4 to Modem. Still nothing happened.

I can acces to minecraft word by my local internet but people from "outside" cant connect to it.
I made sure that I give people correct ip.

all answers are appreciated :)

Solution
Friends can not put in your local ip address and connect. Millions of people have the same lan address.
Your friends need to connect to your modems IP address which is assigned by your ISP.
Now in your modem port forward the correct ports to your server. Which it seems you have already done.
If you do not have a static IP address on your modem you will have to give them the new address each time your ISP changes it.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,
I have raspberry pi 4 4GB with Raspbian 64bit. Up to date.
I cant port forward port 25565. Every single time I check port with website yougetsignal.com, canyouseeme.org etc. Port is showing as closed (Connection time out). I disabled firewall and still closed, enabled firewall on raspberrypi and added ports 80, 25565 as open (basically firewall is off on raspberry pi) with these commands:
  1. sudo ufw allow ssh
  2. sudo ufw allow http
  3. sudo ufw allow https
  4. sudo ufw allow 25565
  5. sudo ufw enable
Modem model is B525s-23a and Router model is Tenda AC1200
Internet acces is from Modem ---> Router ---> Raspberry Pi
I port forwarded 25565 in modem that Router can acces to it. Then I post forwarded 25565 from Router. Still Closed.
Then I connected rpi4 to Modem. Still nothing happened.

I can acces to minecraft word by my local internet but people from "outside" cant connect to it.
I made sure that I give people correct ip.

all answers are appreciated :)
According to the web that B525s-23a is a 4G cellular device. You probably don't have a public IP address on a cellular network.
Have you compared the WAN IP address to https://whatsmyip.com/ ? Do they match ?

Friends can not put in your local ip address and connect. Millions of people have the same lan address.
Your friends need to connect to your modems IP address which is assigned by your ISP.
Now in your modem port forward the correct ports to your server. Which it seems you have already done.
If you do not have a static IP address on your modem you will have to give them the new address each time your ISP changes it.

Solution
Nov 20, 2021

So you mean I need to give them WAN IP instead of public IP to connect to my server?

If you click the link in Kanewolf's post it will give you your modems IP address.
This is the address that your friends need to connect to.
From there port forwarding sends the information to the server.
But most ISP can change that address each time the modem reboots, unless you pay for a static IP address.

So you will need to check it occasionally and when it changes they need to connect to your new address.

Dec 10, 2021
Inbound connections on ports 25565 are allow then your machines firewall is not and issue.
Putting your machine on to a DMZ or Demilitarized zone effectively allows all inbound to a selected IP see below (USING A DMZ CAN CAUSE SECURITY ISSUES).
PWtSn.png

you can check if your ports are open using this site.(ensure you change the port from 80 to the port you have forwarded for your server)
Asides from the networking side you should check that your server is not posting any error and is bound to the correct IP and port.
And finally if you still having issues have a look at Portmapper this software allows you to open and close ports using UPNP when your finished. Personally I find this better because you don't have those ports open all the time only when you trigger it.
additional instructions

milestoneapply

Nov 20, 2021
My grandson just had a similar problem.
His comcast modem has advanced features for security.
An option to block incoming requests was a default option even when port triggering is configured.
Check your modem advanced options.
Hey thanks for reply.
I have that option too but its not the issue.
I need to buy "extra" pack from my ISP. Also hanalannister Im going to see if that software will open my ports somehow. Thanks for suggestion

edit: At the moment I dont have too much time to play with my raspberry, but I'll update my post soon :)