[SOLVED] Port forwarding not working

Nov 5, 2019
I'm trying to set up port forwarding for my router (minecraft server) but it doesn't work. I'm using a Huawei B525s-23a router and i even turned off the router firewall. When i go on canyouseeme.org and type in my port it shows that it doesn't work. HELP!!!!!(how can i add a picture to this post, it asks for an url but i want to add it from my pc)

Last edited:
Solution
Since that is a mobile broadband router it is highly unlikely you have a public ip address. Most mobile broadband used carrier based nat and share IP between many users.

I have no knowledge of that router but it should give you the IP on the wan interface. You could lookup private/public ip ranges but it tends to be simpler to just compare that IP with the one canyouseeme shows you. If they are different then you likely do not have a public ip.

You could also call your ISP and ask if they assign public ip.
Since that is a mobile broadband router it is highly unlikely you have a public ip address. Most mobile broadband used carrier based nat and share IP between many users.

I have no knowledge of that router but it should give you the IP on the wan interface. You could lookup private/public ip ranges but it tends to be simpler to just compare that IP with the one canyouseeme shows you. If they are different then you likely do not have a public ip.

Solution
Nov 5, 2019

Could you explain it simpler? I'm not that good at tech

Nov 5, 2019

when i look up my ip and then look where it is on the map it's not correct. does that mean something bad?

Could you explain it simpler? I'm not that good at tech
An example: If you live in a house, your house' address is unique, and whenever you send a mail, it returns back to you, you have it. You then know which room to deliver your mail.
If you live in an apartment building, there's a doorman who keeps track of the outgoing mail, so the doorman delivers the mail to the correct apartment when it comes back. But the doorman cannot deliver it to any particular room, since this info is not present in the outgoing mail, and doorman has no idea your apartment has multiple rooms.
When you subscribe to a "standard" ISP service, youi're living in a house - you are given public IP address. When you subscribe to mobile ISP, you're living in an a room in an apartment, and your apartment is not directly accessible from outside. That's why no packets reach your router.

TRENDING THREADS