Question Port Forwarding not working

Jan 30, 2020
I have problems setting up my port forwarding on my Ubee router. I am connected through an Ethernet cable to my router and I have setup a static ip address (preferred) through my physical address and on the Port Forwarding tab setup a rule to allow 25565 for a minecraft server on my ip address. I have also allowed on my firewall an inbound and outbound rule for 25565 as both UDP and TCP but i can't get it working.
View: https://imgur.com/o4Hx6tn
(CMD)
View: https://imgur.com/oxjAy10
(Router interface)

(Sorry I don't know how to insert images so I can do it through Imgur if it's alright)

It does not really matter if you blank out the mac nobody sees the mac outside your house. Besides you forgot that the IPv6 address has it as part of its address :)

You have this part correct. What you need to check is that the program is actually active on that port or it will not respond. The other very common reason we see people can't get this to work is you must have a public IP address. Compare the IP you see on your wan port assigned by your ISP. This varies a bit between routers but almost all have a way to see it. You need to see if that IP is the same or different than sites like whatsmyip. If these are different it means your address likely is not public.

Jan 30, 2020
It does not really matter if you blank out the mac nobody sees the mac outside your house. Besides you forgot that the IPv6 address has it as part of its address :)

You have this part correct. What you need to check is that the program is actually active on that port or it will not respond. The other very common reason we see people can't get this to work is you must have a public IP address. Compare the IP you see on your wan port assigned by your ISP. This varies a bit between routers but almost all have a way to see it. You need to see if that IP is the same or different than sites like whatsmyip. If these are different it means your address likely is not public.
Well I opened a minecraft server and I can log in through 127.0.0.1 but no one else (outside my router) can't. When I go to a site like port checking tool on 25565 it says my port is closed even though my server is running.
My IPv4 (as on the picture) is 192.168.0.80 and on whatsmyip is 188.252.199.159 Does this mean it's alright or not?

Mar 27, 2020
I'm having the exact same problem. To the best of my knowledge, I've port forwarded well my port, and I setup a static IP, but the IP on canyouseeme is different form my ip. How do I make my IP public?

Well I opened a minecraft server and I can log in through 127.0.0.1 but no one else (outside my router) can't. When I go to a site like port checking tool on 25565 it says my port is closed even though my server is running.
My IPv4 (as on the picture) is 192.168.0.80 and on whatsmyip is
Does this mean it's alright or not?
No you need your WAN IP the 192.168.0.80 is the LAN ip.

I'm having the exact same problem. To the best of my knowledge, I've port forwarded well my port, and I setup a static IP, but the IP on canyouseeme is different form my ip. How do I make my IP public?
You really shouldn't hijack threads that are in progress.

The only way to get a public IP is for your ISP to give you one. You need to contact them to see if it is possible.

Mar 27, 2020
I'm sorry, I'm new here.. just wanted to get notified if you commented. Like I said, I'm having the same problem so I don't see why I shouldn't comment. Anyways I won't comment again, so if you can,help the other person and i'll try and see if your solution applies to me,

Last edited:
You have no control over the IP you get....could do lots of bad things if you could assign any ip.

The ip you have is special kind of private IP addresses designed for use by ISP called carrier NAT. Not that it really matters it is still not a public IP.

You have to hope you get lucky and your ISP is one the one that will just give you a public IP if you ask. Some charge a extra monthly fee and others their system is not designed to allow it for any price.

Apr 2, 2020
I have the same problem, i want to host a minecraft server at home, I have port forwarded but when i check online on some port checkers, it says my ports are still closed, Some sites also says that my ports are stealthed so maybe the isp is blocking them. the Isp also changes the public address from time to time since its not static. our router provided by the isp also displays its internet settings DHCP mode(ip address, default gateway, primary dns etc.) but not public ip. [maybe i have to link those to my port forwarding.]