Portable Affordable Laptop

bthizle1

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2013
1. What is your budget?
Under $500, the less the better (under 300 with discounts etc would be great)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" or under

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080 would be preferable

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
No

5. How much battery life do you need?
The more the better (Very least 6 hours or more)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not particularly, but would be nice if so...
Paradox games, strategies

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Online use and working on different trading platforms etc

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I think 250GB or more (though I may be able to get by with 64 GB?)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Ideally as long as possible 5+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
none

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Not entirely certain, would like opinions with "facts" here

13. What country do you live in?
Will be getting the laptop in the U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Just want a good durable/portable laptop that I can fairly easily put in a backpack and not have to worry to much about.

Recently was looking at this, but not sure if it'd suffice:
ASUS L210 Mini Laptop

Also looking at an Acer 15" F5-573G-74NG for $300 that hasn't been used much.

Lutfij

Titan
That laptop listed at the end of your post, is equipped with a dual core/hyper threaded processor. You sure your daily needs will be met with that processor? I'm assuming you're going to need a little more oomph when trading...using multiple platforms and also multitasking with said trading platforms...? A list of apps would help us two fold. The Asus you've mentioned is far worse than the Acer unit.

Preferred site for purchase?

For $500 you are about at the limit of what a new decent laptop would go for, really for trading applications with all of their processing and chart / data visualizations with multiple screens, you want something more powerful than what $500 would get you new. Or find a used system. Something with a Ryzen 5 or even Ryzen 7 system will have pretty good video speed and good CPU performance and you can find those for 500 easily.