Portal 2 Editor Coming Soon, Says Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Cmon give us HL3 then few months after that... provide a pack that include HL1+HL2+HL3!!!! Ill buy it in an INSANT NOM NOM NOMMM

lasda

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Nothing can stop you now.
g.gif

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]Cmon give us HL3 then few months after that... provide a pack that include HL1+HL2+HL3!!!! Ill buy it in an INSANT NOM NOM NOMMM[/citation]
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7930/

I bought it when it was 50% off.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i really didnt get why valve didnt release this with the game or soon after the game was released. there wasnt much to do after you beat the 6 hour campaigns. however Im glad this is finally here. I just hope the game gets a very smart developer community to make great puzzles for a long time.

there are already great custom maps made out there with Hammer.

And Valve releases this update after an year?
Hmm... is it to keep players interested in Portal 2 or give the console players a chance to make custom maps?

g-unit1111

Titan
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Time to start planning my puzzle within a puzzle within a puzzle within a puzzle.......[/citation]

I'm intrigued by this idea - can you make an Inception puzzle in Portal 2? :lol:

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]chimera201[/nom]there are already great custom maps made out there with Hammer.And Valve releases this update after an year?Hmm... is it to keep players interested in Portal 2 or give the console players a chance to make custom maps?[/citation]
this editor isnt being released for consoles.and I think that if they wanted to keep players interested in portal 2, they really shouldve released this editor soon after the games release, and not wait a year when most of the players hhave already forgotten/uninstalled the game.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Over the past few weeks there has been tons of news coming from VALVe and Gabe... I can't help but ask where and when are we going to hear about HL2:EP3 / HL3? Is VALVe buttering us up with all this new inside info to get us ready for a big announcement? Seems more likely than ever after that Ricochet 2 interview with Gabe. Or well maybe its just wishful thinking

@chimera201 - Did you read the article? This will allow players to easily create custom maps in game and publish them to the Steam Workshop to share. This is far better and easier than an average gamer having to learn Hammer just to express their puzzle making creativity and then post or download maps from random websites.

Robopolo

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Wow this will a great addition to an already incredible game. Hopefully they will release it for xbox 360, but I doubt it though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.