Question Positive pressure or Negative pressure

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 5, 2022
Hi guys! So I just bought my RTX 2060 gigabyte yesterday and my H100 Corsair CPU cooler. When I'm playing Apex Legends my temp used to be 80-85c sometimes it went to 87c. I've done my research that RTX 2060's were pre-made to reach that temp. But I'm afraid of the lifespan that it would get. Since I don't have an AC in my room and I'm living in a tropical country... I wanna know how to fix this problem. Btw my CPU temp on idle is 40-45c when I'm playing it reaches 50-55c max. My airflow setup is in-between airflow which is the radiator in front of the panel which is an Intake and the rear and top of the case as an exhaust... now I'm wondering, should I go for All Intake or All Exhaust set up to help my desktop components cool? BTW I only have 3 cases of fans.. and 2fans(the CPU cooler with radiator).

Thank you in advance for the feedback!!!

So here's my setup
Gigabyte RTX 2060 2fans (GPU)
Ryzen 5 2600 (CPU)
Corsair Cv550 (PSU)
Corsair Vengeance 8x2 (3200mhz) (RAM)
H100 Corsair (CPU cooler)
Gigabyte b450-ds3h (MOBO)
Tecware Nexus M mATX(PC Case)

Feb 5, 2022
Hello guys, i just bought my Coolermaster h500 PC case earlier and i am using it now. But i have one problem, hear me out guys.. I have b450-ds3h motherboard (which only provides 1 system fan). I already knew that because i have my h100 RGB corsair CPU cooler right? what i didn't know was the stock intake fans of h500coolermaster (which is the big two fans) were ONLY built to connect it in the sys_fan (motherboard)... i thought i could insert it on my power supply. now what i did is I replaced my Corsair stock fans(from radiator) using my STOCK tecware fans from last PC case because i can insert it in the power supply. I mounted it on top of my case. Now my question is.... can i use fan splitter so i can ALSO use my corsair stock fans(from radiator)? ?????

any answers will be much appreciated. thank you guys! have a good day y'all!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pretty much all aftermarket fans are 3 or 4 pin, 12vDC. What you need is an adapter to convert either Sata or Molex to 3/4pin fan. Amazon/eBay has tons of them, convert to 1,2,3,4 fans as needed.

That'll solve fan header issues.

You can splitter anything. Limit is 1A or 12w per header, 4.5A/50w for Sata and 5A/60w for molex. That counts total fans from source. The power rating of the fans will be on the back, so if the Fan is 0.2A, I'd only use 4,no point stressing the header, but if on Sata you could run 20 fans via splitters.