Question Possible CPU Bottleneck?

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
So in Rainbow Six Siege, I am noticing that really no matter what settings I am on, my CPU usage fluctuates from about 70-100%, whereas my GPU remains at about 50-80. My CPU and GPU should be working well together to my knowledge so I am flustered as to why this is happening.

CPU: i5-9600k
GPU: RTX 2060

Sidenote*: I have a NZXT BLD PC, and my specs were projected to get 189fps average on Ultra settings- I'm probably averaging much less around 120.

CPU and GPU usage will indeed fluctuate throughout most games with amount of action and complexity of scenery....as you are experiencing. (Often , percentage of GPU usage will be more determined by resolution and texture details... (Assuming you are gaming at 1080P, you can certainly max out most details/texture, etc., switching as much load as possible to the GPU)

(Most modern games are indeed going to keep a 6c/6t CPU busy a large percentage of the time, whereas a 6c/12t CPU would show less usage....; your goal /chief concern will likely be keeping minimum FPS (.1 % lows) at acceptable levels due to only six CPU threads, an increasingly large concern with 8400-9600K CPUs.

TRENDING THREADS