Jul 20, 2024
Hello, all. I'm new to the forum.

I am trying to diagnose why my old PC no longer turns on. I'll preface this all with the fact that I'm not an experienced builder, and this is the only PC I've ever built, which was 9 years ago.

I've tried reseating all connections, reseating all components ,unplugging all non essential components, cleaning it, new CPU, and checking for any potential shorting issues. All to no success.

My friend told me I probably have a bad board (ASrock H97 Pro4) and would need to get a new 1150 board.

Any suggestions as to what is going on? Is my friend right?

js2

Jul 16, 2024
Best bet is to get a mobo tester. Even a cheap ebay one will do. It should at least signal if the board is getting power or not.

It could be a faulty PSU, and you would never know unless you had another handy.

Reactions: RyanGabel
Jul 20, 2024
Best bet is to get a mobo tester. Even a cheap ebay one will do. It should at least signal if the board is getting power or not.

It could be a faulty PSU, and you would never know unless you had another handy.
Right, Ive looked into that as well. My tower powers on for about 5 seconds before shutting right back down, so I've narrowed it down to either PSU or Mobo anyways at this point.