[SOLVED] Possible installation of DELL P5MKF USB 3.0 expansion module on laptop SAMSUNG NP300V5A

Salve1

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015
Hi everybody! I own this old SAMSUNG laptop NP300V5A-S04IT. I find its performance still acceptable for what I use it for, especially after I upgraded to an SSD+HDD combo, by means of an HDD caddy (containing the hard drive) that replaced the ODD.
The only issue lies in the lack of USB 3.0 ports. Unfortunately this laptop doesn't have any expansion card slot, which would be the straightforward way to upgrade. So i was wondering if it would be possible to remove the HD (I can live without it) and to use in some way the empty SATA slot to add USB 3.0 ports.
The only official product I found was this one, the expansion module P5MKF by DELL. Here's a link for reference:

https://www.parts-people.com/index....6.1918386279.1612214928-1002538854.1611906540

I am almost certain that it is compatible only with propietary hardware (DELL Latitude models). Still, do you think it might be worth a shot? Do you know any similar product? I don't think I have other options available, right (excluding soldering, I mean, for which I have not the competence nor the means)? Thanks in advance!

Solution
The interface in itself is completely different. You could prove me wrong by purchasing the component and then trying it out for yourself but I know for a fact that the part you're looking at is meant for a Dell laptop's specifically in the Latitude range. If they were common for use, then it should be on other sites for other laptops, with a guarantee that it'll work(read everything posted on Chinese sites with a tablespoon of salt).

Soldering is out of the question since the laptop you own doesn't have native USB 3.0 support, so even if you soldered on a USB 3.0 port, the pinout would be on USB 2.0(IF it was possible, i.e,)

Lutfij

Titan
The interface in itself is completely different. You could prove me wrong by purchasing the component and then trying it out for yourself but I know for a fact that the part you're looking at is meant for a Dell laptop's specifically in the Latitude range. If they were common for use, then it should be on other sites for other laptops, with a guarantee that it'll work(read everything posted on Chinese sites with a tablespoon of salt).

Soldering is out of the question since the laptop you own doesn't have native USB 3.0 support, so even if you soldered on a USB 3.0 port, the pinout would be on USB 2.0(IF it was possible, i.e,)

Solution

Salve1

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015
I see, so there is probably zero chance it will work. I will think about it, if at the end I decide to buy it I'll update here. Thanks for the answer!