Just yesterday I helped my friend build a pc. Here are the specs. Just today I visited him again to install windows and get it up and running. I installed windows using a USB drive without a key, and not being connected to the internet. Once the installation was complete, we shut it down and installed a wireless networking card, then booted back up normally. We then downloaded RGB Fusion 2.0, radeon adrenaline and the rx 5700 drivers (I believe version 19.12.3 optional) the wireless card drivers, and then the motherboard chipset driver, audio driver, and pcie driver. In radeon adrenaline we set the hdmi overscan to 6% because there was some parts of the screen off the edge of the display, which was an old 1080p HDMI. Then I downloaded the latest bios to flash onto the motherboard. In bios, I selected M flash and it restarted to "enter M-flash mode". When it did restart, no bios screen showed up and there was no display output. After a few minutes of waiting, I hard shut down the computer and started again. This time it didn't post, and the CPU debug LED turned on. After a few more attempts, I cleared the CMOS using the header on the motherboard. After turning it on again it posted then there was a windows loading screen, but a few seconds later the screen went black again. After attempting the same thing a few times (and not realizing we could have just used safe boot, or reset) we re installed windows from the same flash drive, believing it was a corrupted windows install or something.

This time we did the same things but when installing radeon adrenaline (Same version as before), the display went black after the download got to around 30-40%. The same issue with the windows loading screen occured.

We attempted another windows install (again, forgetting that reset or safe boot existed), and did the same thing. It had the same result.

On the latest install, we installed chipset drivers first and then radeon adrenaline version 19.12.2 Recommended instead of 19.12.3 Optional. It had the same result, but this time it got to 60% before the screen going black.

Windows was completely normal before installing adrenaline besides the hdmi overscan, so it seems to be a driver issue. How exactly can I fix this?

Solution
The first thing you do when you get POST is go to BIOS screen and see if BIOS updates are pending. Once armed with the latest BIOS version on the motherboard, armed with a bootable installer created using Windows Media Creation Tools, install the OS, regardless of a licence key. Then you set about installing the drivers in this order:

1. Motherboard Chipset
  2. USB and third party controllers
  3. Management Engine Interface (Intel)
  4. Audio
  5. Networking adapter (Wired and/or Wireless)
  6. Graphics card (onboard or dedicated)
  7. Storage (native and/or third party)
  8. Keyboard and/or mouse
  9. Gamepads and game controllers
  10. Displays and/or monitors

As it stands if you have your network drivers installed first, the OS will start...

Lutfij

Titan
The first thing you do when you get POST is go to BIOS screen and see if BIOS updates are pending. Once armed with the latest BIOS version on the motherboard, armed with a bootable installer created using Windows Media Creation Tools, install the OS, regardless of a licence key. Then you set about installing the drivers in this order:

1. Motherboard Chipset
  4. Audio
  8. Keyboard and/or mouse

As it stands if you have your network drivers installed first, the OS will start to hunt for drivers it thinks are the best fit for your hardware. While offline, you should install all drivers and then connect to the internet running update from the OS to find the latter revisions.

Solution

1. Motherboard Chipset
  4. Audio
  8. Keyboard and/or mouse
As it stands if you have your network drivers installed first, the OS will start to hunt for drivers it thinks are the best fit for your hardware. While offline, you should install all drivers and then connect to the internet running update from the OS to find the latter revisions.
Okay, so should the latest bios be installed before installing windows while not connected to the internet, and then motherboard chipset and audio drivers be installed through the included CD?

Last edited:

1. Motherboard Chipset
  4. Audio
  8. Keyboard and/or mouse
I got him to re install windows and install the motherboard drivers while offline from the included disc, then go back online and install radeon 19.12.2, and it did the same thing as before. He didn't flash the bios this time.

Edit: it worked on the second boot up attempt.