[SOLVED] Possible short circuit

Jun 24, 2020
I had plugged some LED lights into my MSI B360 Gaming plus motherboard while it was on (like a dumbass) immediately after I plugged it in everything shut off, now no matter what I do nothing is turning on, did I short circuit my board? And if I did what can I do to save it and is my CPU GPU and RAM okay?
CPU: i5-9600K
GPU: 1080Ti
MoBo: MSI B360 Gaming Plus
RAM: XPG Z1 DDR4 8gbx2
Storage: did not have one plugged in

Solution
I couldn't say for sure, it all depends on the quality of the PSU and how well it could isolate the damage. The CPU I'm guessing is OK and it gets its power thru regulators on the motherbd which would help shield it. The GPU is a toss up being directly wired to 12v
Jun 24, 2020
Which exact light and plugged into exactly where?
I suspect well be hearing taps play at the motherbds funeral though.
The case had these led lights connected to this adapter, it had worked previously on my other board, the lights were plugged into the led pin near the bottom left of the board

Jun 24, 2020
Ok that board has a 12v led strip header, which case do you have?
Idk what case it is, I got it off of eBay. The led strip was just some standard lights that someone had clued to the front of the case, and that was Soldered to an adapter for the LED pins on the board. is my CPU GPU and RAM okay? I’m or do I need new ones

popatim

Titan
I couldn't say for sure, it all depends on the quality of the PSU and how well it could isolate the damage. The CPU I'm guessing is OK and it gets its power thru regulators on the motherbd which would help shield it. The GPU is a toss up being directly wired to 12v

Solution