Possibly One of the Best Keyboards Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksabo_tomshardware

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2009
you aint seen nothing yet. If you care about keyboards check out geekhack.org or just buy a real keyboard from elitekeyboards.com.

i've tried them all nothing beats a realforce 87u. yes, it's pricey but hey you use it every single day.

zmanz

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
I'll stick to Logitech, thanks. A keyboard with blank keys is like a book without words in it. Or, if you wanna look at it from a "hardcore" user ideal, a black car with the windows also painted black. My keyboard also doesn't "flake out with 2 or 2 keys pressed".

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Just nice looking, frankly to me overpriced, mechanical keyboards and sense most people have had Membrane keyboards to bang their fingers wiry on most of their lives having a keyboard with good positive feedback for once makes them believe it is the best keyboard in town although most would argue they most mechanical set ups are loud but best for typing not the best for gaming although most wont fret over they key travel but those who stick to crt for a pitiful few ms in their favor.

2 meters of cable is nothing too special neither is the ability to push more then 3 keys as that was fixed when moving away from ps/2 to usb. The usb 2.0 ports are however nice but again nothing special.

Mechanical keyboards do cost like 4 times as much as the cheaper cousins but they tend to last a lifetime all this one brings to the table is good looks.

German engineered yet owned by a company in texas and probably still assembled in china

too much hype imo i rather just spend half the price on something from unicomp having a nice looking keyboard makes me clean it too much.

They are nice keyboards none the less.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]the last resort[/nom]does anyone have an explanation as to why it only supports 12 clicks in a row? Or am I misreading it....[/citation]
I believe it means 12 keys at once most ps/2 keyboards suffered from 3 keystrokes at once if you hit 4 keys on your keyboard at the same time nothing will come out.

This was solved to when transitions to usb was made as it was software that creatives the limit not the port being used. Most Usb keyboards will do up around 4-6 keys 12 is somewhere in the excessive you must be typing with your face my keyboard supports up to 7 keys at once all you get it a repeating manor

mutli-simultaneous keys is more or less only needed for fps games as you tend to already take up 2 for movement keys you are always pushing and hitting 4 keys at once is not as rare as it should be

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Pointless imo. If you're buying a keyboard because its well built... really Logitech makes decent units, or if you want really good quality stuff and obviously don't care what it looks like the ABS M1 or IMB clacky boards are the best.
Imo this is a waste. I am definitely not hunt and peck typist, but it seems pointless not to put the letters on it.

On a side note, I can't remember a time where I've needed to press more then 2 keys at once... besides CTRL ALT DEL.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Probably biggest users of pressing more then 3 keys at once is the mmo crowd who may bind everything on their keyboard to do everything.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Of all the keyboards I've used, my favourite is a HP keyboard that came with a debranded HP computer... Sleek, light, EXTREMELY sturdy (I've used it as a weapon, burnt a hole in it, and have washed it several times).
I tossed my $100 keyboard for this $5 piece.

I just love it. The ONLY issue I have with it is that it's grey, but I can manage.

Like how they offer a blank version though.
Seeing these 'ultimate uber gamin' keyboards with backlit keys is disappointing. Learn how to type people. I usually look on habit, but like right now, I can still type without looking. Proper touch typing and proper posture makes for much quicker typing that benefits us all.

Hate the logo on it and the extra piece extruding to show off its logo... I want a perfect shape.
Been thinking about the Macintosh keyboard for a while though. Extremely simple and extremely elegant at the same time. The only Mac product I like.

I also think that while hotkeys are nice, we don't need a keyboard with 20 of them. Mine has mute, volume up, volume down, and sleep (which I removed because I hit too often by mistake).

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]Probably biggest users of pressing more then 3 keys at once is the mmo crowd who may bind everything on their keyboard to do everything.[/citation]
Damn, I remember that... that was fun. Damned mass multiplayer cocaine...

Oh yeah, I hate hearing my typing. I like feeling it slightly, but I'd rather no noise.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Mechanical keys are a thing of the past. sorry tom's hardware guru guy but those wear out. My friend used to have one. Key thing is, used to. The keys wore out and quit working so he threw it out. I'm still using a very old NEC keyboard that I picked up when they still actually had computer shows and it works as good as new. Only thing is it is one of those spill resistant ones with the rubber pad thingies inside. I actually own two. They work pretty good. Then this USB keyboard sitting next to me is sufficient as well, cost me $7 from newegg or some site like that and made by rosewill. Not a very high end keyboard but it does the job and works great on my xbox360, pc, and laptop.

NEC keyboards were about $10 a pop.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
For example, we have seen so many keyboards from Logitech fade with use.

I've been using the logitech illuminated keyboard for quite a while now, and I have to say I don't have this problem... It's probably the best keyboard I have ever used, but I'm not experienced with keyboards soo.... take my experience with a grain of salt

It also increased my WPM even though it has phantom key blocking... I don't mush up keys when typing

thepinkpanther

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004
i dont know if this can compete with the mac book wheel, however i am still waiting for a keyboard that does word acronyms with the touch of a single key, then the next generation of children can type up their messages with ease; "lol wtf ttyl pos" or 2 key burst fires, you never know how much u need this function until u have to write "bookkeeper."

siliconchampion

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I am going to highly recommend the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. The keys are flattened, more like a laptop's keyboard, but the motion of the keys feels great. The thing reeks build quality.

I also own the new Mac Keyboard, and the Logitech blows it out of the water... I gave the mac keyboard to my parents...

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
But it's not an ergonomic split? I would never buy a keyboard that isn't a split since it forces your wrists at an unnatural angle that causes carpal tunnel.

marlowwe

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
$120? Are you serious? I can't believe the hardware industry has the gall to sell a BLANK keyboard for the same money with which I can buy an SSD drive. I have never experienced or known anyone who has ever had a problem with their keyboard. The best thing about them is if they stop working you just buy a knew one - you can do this precisely because they are cheap. Here we have this company trying to tell us we need a $120 keyobard...lmao.

alexie

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
a keyboard for 100€ that's incredible.
I'm selling a pair of authentic shoes less than this price.
Typing with this keyboard must be like in heaven :)
Thanks at all

G

Of all keyboards i have, none of theme is broken. A couple of keyboards just have the old big connector that isn't used anymore... (8086, 80286,...)
Some have extra functions, but i don't really use those functions.
Never had problem when pushing multiple buttons...
No text on the buttons? Good for gaming? When racing white a wheel or flying a combat sim, my hand are not on the keyboard. On the moments i need a button really fast, i will be faster when the buttons are labeled...

alexie

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Sorry i forgot to mention.
I'm using a Microsoft Wireless Laser 5000 and i'm really comfortable. Those guys who sell a keyboard must loose their brain :)
Best regards.

NewJohnny

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
I prefer the standard issue Dell server keyboard. I've been using an Apple keyboard for awhile, but typing is not very good. The function keys are also small and hard to see in low light.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I'm perfectly happy with my KeyTronic LT CLASSIC (LT stands for Lifetime series). I've had it for almost 10 years now, not a single faded key and still works perfectly. It's also the only keyboard I know of these days with both double-height Enter and long Backspace keys (the backslash is to the right of the right shift, which I never use anyway). The lifetime warranty is an added bonus. Costs $40 new, though I got mine for $24 at the time (January 2000).

Status
Not open for further replies.