Question POST Code 97 on MSI X670E Carbon WiFi ?

Sep 13, 2024
Hello, I'm new here, I have a weird issue, My PC works 100% on everything, even on cold start. BUT I have this weird bug if you want to call it that, when I do my own little test, Turning the PC on and waiting till I see the Windows log on screen. from there I click restart. It's always flawless but maybe after the 10th or so time of doing it. I get stuck on POST code 97. Yes, I know its GPU related but as I said this is super rare it happens ONLY on restarting the PC after 10 or more times in a row.

Specs
MBD: MSI X670E Carbon WIFI - Stock settings
CPU: Ryzen 7 7900X - Stock settings
CPU Cooling: AiO Corsair H150i Elite RGB - all on quiet settings as balanced is a bit loud
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 4070 Ti OC - Stock settings
RAM: Corsair Dominator 64GB DDR5 - Two of the same kits at 32GB each - XMP enabled.
PSU: Corsair RM1000x Shift

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

RAM: Corsair Dominator 64GB DDR5 - Two of the same kits at 32GB each - XMP enabled.
Can you look at the PCB revision numbers? Just in case.

How are you cooling the processor? Try and relieve some pressure off the CPU's cooling block and if that alleviates the issue.

I get stuck on POST code 97
Per your motherboard manual;
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/MPGX670ECARBONWIFI.pdf
page 55; Console Output devices connect
Does the issue continue if used on the lower PCIe slot?

Sep 13, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Can you look at the PCB revision numbers? Just in case.

How are you cooling the processor? Try and relieve some pressure off the CPU's cooling block and if that alleviates the issue.

I get stuck on POST code 97
Per your motherboard manual;
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/MPGX670ECARBONWIFI.pdf
page 55; Console Output devices connect
Does the issue continue if used on the lower PCIe slot?
Sorry I am using corsair H150i Elite 360mm AiO, I will have to test the lower slot after my shift from work as I have not tested that yet. I have only been testing how many times I can restart the system before I see number 97