Nov 11, 2020
Hey, I recently installed a Post code beep to my Aorus ITX pro WiFi and it won’t beep. I was sure I had the polarity right. Did I ruin the header by screwing up the polarization?

Solution
Another late thought: Looked at the User Manual again - reference Page 30:

"HD Audio ControllerEnables or disables the onboard audio function. (Default: Enabled)If you wish to install a 3rd party add-in audio card instead of using the onboard audio, set this item to Disabled "

Setting?

Ralston18

Titan
Just to clarify: you installed a small speaker because the motherboard does not have a speaker - correct?

Motherboard link:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550-aorus-pro-ac_1001_e.pdf

Referencing the internal connectors 13 & 14 (Page 20 of the User Manual)

Where did you get the speaker and how/where/ how did you connect the speaker?

What instructions or documentation did you use to install the speaker?

Nov 11, 2020
I bought sound original pc mobo internal speaker bios alarm buzzer off Amazon. I used the mobo manual to locat the speaker header polarity, but I think I was looking at the header upside down compared to what the manual was showing. I powered on the mobo and no beeps occurred. I tried flipping the polarity and posted again, and still no beep. I’m worried I either ruined the header by installing it incorrectly, or the header was bad to begin with.

Nov 11, 2020
Just to clarify: you installed a small speaker because the motherboard does not have a speaker - correct?

Motherboard link:

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550-aorus-pro-ac_1001_e.pdf

Referencing the internal connectors 13 & 14 (Page 20 of the User Manual)

Where did you get the speaker and how/where/ how did you connect the speaker?

What instructions or documentation did you use to install the speaker?

I bought sound original pc mobo internal speaker bios alarm buzzer off Amazon. I used the mobo manual to locat the speaker header polarity, but I think I was looking at the header upside down compared to what the manual was showing. I powered on the mobo and no beeps occurred. I tried flipping the polarity and posted again, and still no beep. I’m worried I either ruined the header by installing it incorrectly, or the header was bad to begin with.

Ralston18

Titan
Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan

"HD Audio ControllerEnables or disables the onboard audio function. (Default: Enabled)If you wish to install a 3rd party add-in audio card instead of using the onboard audio, set this item to Disabled "

Setting?

Solution
Nov 11, 2020

Setting?
I will see if I can disable it in the BIOS. Thanks