Power adapter input voltage of Seagate Backup Plus 3TB STCA3000101??

It doesn't specifically address the STCA3000101, but the following document spells out the power requirements for various Seagate products.

How do I identify / differentiate between Seagate External power supplies?
http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/204171en

Generally speaking, the adapters for current external models are rated for universal AC voltage inputs and an output of 12VDC @ 2A, centre pin positive.

RHenningsgard

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
I just solved a similar question - i.e. what is the DC input voltage and current for the Seagate Backup Plus 3TB (Model 1DXAP3-500). Found the answer to both your input AC question and my DC requirements in a helpful close-up picture on Seagate.com. It was the factory power supply for the drive, and although the model shown has interchangeable mains input pins (it was pictured with the European round pins), the shape of the moulded case was the same as mine, the input range on the legend was the now-common 110-240VAC, and the output was 12VDC at 1.5A, center pin hot. So I was able to pull out a random power supply and power up my trusty drive safely.

ButOfCourse

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015

Watched an unboxing video. Looks like 12V 1.5A.

klatuinredmond

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015

klatuinredmond

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
Hey cyclone82 : As well as the Voltage and Current specs you should also be aware of something I just discovered :
Here are the details :

Experimentation has revealed that my original problem of the Seagate 3T Drive not mounting had nothing to do with either the OSX Version I'm using or which Mac Mini I'm using. The whole problem seems to be the Drive itself is not spinning up properly because of some stupid DC power plug issue between different Wall Adapter brands (even though they both meet the DC Voltage and Current specs. required by the drive). The plug associated with the Seagate-supplied adapter is slightly smaller diameter and shorter in length than the plug supplied with the off-the-shelf adapter I purchased (Antoble model LD-12069). Using it's DC power plug, the Drive will absolutely NOT spin-up properly, whereas, the Seagate Wall Adapter supplied with the Drive works perfectly now in both Macs. The plug supplied by Seagate with it's Drive seems to be a very custom size (WIERD !!). So the take away seems: Be very careful which substitute wall adapter you use on this particular Seagate Drive !!! The DC plugs may not be compatible !!